Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does $27500 sound like a good price for an AUII XR8.

I am interested in one that's for sale, its white with 67000kms and the owner has fitted a 2 1/4 inch exhaust system to it.

It has a mature owner, so he hasn't flogged it. (so he says)

I need to sell my car though to pay for it, how much would I get for
my 2001 AuII 'S' with 52000kms, venom red, 16inch tickford/ford alloys.

Cheers
Stephen

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Probarly about 18 - 19 grand for the AU II S. As for ur purchase is it a 220 Kw version or the 200 kw version?

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Depends on the condition of your Faclon S but with Full service history in Top condition you will get around 18k max I would say.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, the XR8 is the 200kw.

Less than twenty thou for mine eh, I was hoping it wasn't that low.

My car has full service history and its been fastidously looked after to this point.

I was hoping around $22-23,000 for mine.

I suppose its because the AU was such as unpopular model, its not holding any value.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The xr8 is fairly expensive, I would be wanting the 220 for that price.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
I was offered $16k trade in for mine (AU1 XR6VCT) on a $26k AU1 XR8 - what a joke!

If you get $18k for yours, you are doing fairly well as it was/is an unpopular model - the [email protected] we have to put up with to be ford fans.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Canberra, which crappy dealer offered only 16k?

I refuse to trade-in or buy from a Canberra car dealer ever again.

The lame excuses they use for the inflated prices they charge on used cars is unbelievable.

They will offer me no more than 17k for mine, and then add 10,000 to the price when they attempt to sell it on their lot.

Cheers
Stephen

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
The one NOT in Woden or Belconnen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
steviewonder36 said:
Does $27500 sound like a good price for an AUII XR8.

I am interested in one that's for sale, its white with 67000kms and the owner has fitted a 2 1/4 inch exhaust system to it.

It has a mature owner, so he hasn't flogged it. (so he says)

I need to sell my car though to pay for it, how much would I get for
my 2001 AuII 'S' with 52000kms, venom red, 16inch tickford/ford alloys.

Cheers
Stephen
Hi Stephen,

It's probably a bit overpriced. Would be looking at 220kw and bodykit for that price. Those advertised in the Sydney papers over the last couple of weeks have had lower km's and are a thousand or two lower.

I can't sell my 200kw AUii XR8 with only 52ooo km's on it and it's offered at $26500 (would take $25500). The only negative feedback I have received from potential buyer was that it is to quite! (I don't have the 2 1/2 inch exhaust).

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
You wouldnt get over 19 grand for the S pac regardless of where you took it. The S pac is basically a Forte with Alloys, a spoiler and Cruise control. You can buy AU1/2 XR6s for the 22 grand mark.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
yeh for that price id be looking at a 220kw model with a few extras

one of my mates sold his 220 for 28k in may last year, lowered with exhaust. Was a nice car.

just look around, there are plenty of AUs on the market at the moment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts