Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford's darkest days..... When the EFI six was the best you could get. Here was our first brand new Ford.
1985 XF EFI S-Pack, Auto, LSD.
(anyone know what happened to Fury Ford?)

Attachments

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just after the release of the EA I picked this baby up for $10500. Traded it to a dealer 12 months later for $14500 (he, he, he).
XF Fairmont Ghia EFI Auto, LSD, colour coding.

Attachments

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Nice XF there mate, ahh the white one. those mags suite the XF's IMO. All it needs is an inch lowering and a factory five speed manual like DK's car. I reckon with that i'd be a goer. The 3 speed XF's weren't the fastest things in the world, although very reliable and smooth for it's days.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This photo was taken early on; before Lovells saw action! I lowered it (not too far), Bilsteins, twin stainless tailpipe, colour coded the mirrors and doorhandles, and presto - nice ride. The digital dashes were something else - kind of cool really!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I nice set of Chrome 12slotters suit the XFs more than anything IMO Ive seen some EAs with them and the just dont look right :eek:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
The XF Ghias were always nice and are still pretty well appointed by todays standards. Possibly the last time you could get a 5 speed in a Ghia too. Yeh the dash's looked like something out of the space program back then.:p
Good work Pete, not often you win buying and selling cars.
In saying that, when it come time for me to choose between a schmick S pack XF and a 6 cyl XE Ghia I went the XE. If only because I must have subconsciously had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to put a Clevo in it. Bit of a hastle for an XF, as like you say Pete, no V8 option, only the 4.1. So I would've had to have got an engineers cert'.
Russell.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
You could get a 5 speed EA Fairmont Ghia, think they went Auto only on the EB?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Martin said:
You could get a 5 speed EA Fairmont Ghia, think they went Auto only on the EB?
Cooorreeectttt! You are NOT the weakest link!
There were a few EA Ghia 5 speeds - I signed for one in 1990 at Fury Ford but chickened out (DOH!)

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Pete,

Yeah obviously not comparing with your 220kw baby but the EA 139kw Multipoint with 5 speed had some go. could do easy under 16 1/4 miles.

I've heard of the odd fairmont with 5 speed. Ahh the day will come when a Fairmont V8 in a 5 speed will be sold. I'll be waiting yonks i think. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice XF's

It was Ford's darkest day, but the XF's were very relialbe cars I had one for three years and it didn't cost much except in the looks department, but that was my choice. Here is a pic of my first car the XF......

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
hoich said:
Nice XF's

It was Ford's darkest day, but the XF's were very relialbe cars I had one for three years and it didn't cost much except in the looks department, but that was my choice. Here is a pic of my first car the XF......
At 34 years of age, I still get funny looks driving around in my ex fleet AB blue xf S, but me thinks the addition of the 5.0 efi and 17" wheels might have something to do with this.......I'll keep it until the AV 5.4 XR - then I may think about parting with it....

·
Administrator
5,108 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Just after the release of the EA I picked this baby up for $10500. Traded it to a dealer 12 months later for $14500 (he, he, he).
XF Fairmont Ghia EFI Auto, LSD, colour coding.
Gotta hand it to ya Pete ,not often you can make money esp at a dealer.Nice.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Big Block Ford said:

Gotta hand it to ya Pete ,not often you can make money esp at a dealer.Nice.
It's all in the dealing and wheeling. He was probably laughing himself stupid about me buying the VL he had. So, overall the dealer will always win....
BTW; the dealer sold me a rare VL turbo manual that had been sitting in his lot for a while so maybe he thought he had a better chance of shifting the XF Ghia.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts