Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my wedding and previous to that a close friend who co-owns a very large nursery in Canberra was exposed to my virtuous talk of XR8 and Fords versus Holdens on quality and general driving.

He owned an SS Commodore and we often talked about our cars (I had the GTS-R) and how much the damn things cost to fix all the time.

Well, after seeing my new XR8 in August, I hadn't heard much from him. And today I pop a visit and he throws me a set of keys that look familiar - one new XR8 ute, manual, and tray back.

He's stoked, loves it dearly and says it is so much better than the Holdens he has owned. Like me, it was refreshing to buy a car and not compile a list faults in the first couple of weeks.

One problem though - I let him drive my car and now 200kW isn't enough :nuts: :D ;)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
One problem though - I let him drive my car and now 200kW isn't enough :nuts: :D ;)
Good stuff mate! :thumbup: It's a real and present problem driving something with more grunt - it has a real knack of shrinking the contents of the wallet...

My first drive in an XR8 (an EL2 auto) ended up costing me the purchase price of what was to be my EL2XR8!! And now it's the voices telling me I need more power... more... MORE!!!! :eek: :nuts: :eek:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Ive gotta try to convert my dad back, he currently owns a Magna :( Previous to that he owned 3 Falcons....

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I should go and sit outside all the HSV dealerships and offer free rides after they have test driven the GTS, I am sure we will get 99% STRIKE RATE!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
laminge said:
I should go and sit outside all the HSV dealerships and offer free rides after they have test driven the GTS, I am sure we will get 99% STRIKE RATE!

More like a 100%:D and the HSV dealer will want to become an FTE dealer:D :D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
laminge said:

Me first Me first!!! :D :D :D :D :D :nuts:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts