Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the figures from a PC based program. Interesting that these are less than 0.7% different from two other programs (i.e. they are all so damn close it isn't funny).

Key thing - look at the TORQUE!!!!!!! Well over 500Nm from 1500 to 5500!!!!

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
ooohhhh baby!!

Mate you must be going insane waiting to drive your car. :s5

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grunter said:
ooohhhh baby!!

Mate you must be going insane waiting to drive your car. :s5
Do I have a car? What car???? :crazy1:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Cant wait to see that baby in action:s5 :s5

Will you be coming to the FF/LS1 cruise with it? Or wont it be ready?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Martin said:
Will you be coming to the FF/LS1 cruise with it? Or wont it be ready?
At the rate Herrods are working on it I'd be lucky to see it before Xmas...... :eek:o1: Seems my car is always the last in the pecking order. Sigh.....

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
If you ever write up a build story, you'll be in the small novel domain!

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
Hey Aussie Pete, I have ordered a copy of Dyno2000. Did you use this program, which one seemed the more detailed, acurate etc.

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Venom XR said:
If you ever write up a build story, you'll be in the small novel domain!
Actually that's not a bad idea if you had the time. With the build pics you have you could document the failures, successes, problems, pitfalls, etc. It would make for an interesting read for anyone thinking of doing similar mods to a V8.

Here's a title suggestion:

From Here to Eternity - An epic story of love, hate and the desire for horsepower. :s6:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grunter said:
Here's a title suggestion:

From Here to Eternity - An epic story of love, hate and the desire for horsepower. :s6:
And Reliability!

AZTECH:
Jase_ELXR8 did these numbers on Dyno 2000. Ask him about programs, because I'm useless!

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Hey Pete, have you ordered a new gearbox, clutch etc. to cope with all that torque????

You and Laminge are gonna be best buddies....:s3

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aussie Pete said:

At the rate Herrods are working on it I'd be lucky to see it before Xmas...... :eek:o1: Seems my car is always the last in the pecking order. Sigh.....
Bloody fr&$%in.....
I get told that if I get the parts to them the car should be ready by end of this week. Then when I hand deliver the parts it's changed to mid next week. Now I call up and find that the engine has not even had one bolt assembled yet. It's still in bits. And I can't expect the car until END OF NEXT WEEK.

I am ready to burst. Sometimes you have to stop being nice and stick a fri&gin rocket up people before they do the job. So close, so close.......

(Assume that steam is emitting from AP's ears right now!)

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
Nice figures Pete. Good powerband there too.

Hey Pete, have you ordered a new gearbox, clutch etc. to cope with all that torque????

You and Laminge are gonna be best buddies....
This will be interesting too.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Pete dont worry

I ordered by 7.2 ltr 436ci LS6 long block couple of days before the GMC400. Still hasnt shipped.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
strife said:
Pete dont worry

I ordered by 7.2 ltr 436ci LS6 long block couple of days before the GMC400. Still hasnt shipped.
To go into the Grange? shite what sort of KW and Torque figures would that thing put out? Have to be around 380kw N/A? Don't tell me you plan to blow this engine as well do you?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
BOF 351 said:

To go into the Grange? shite what sort of KW and Torque figures would that thing put out? Have to be around 380kw N/A? Don't tell me you plan to blow this engine as well do you?
From what I understand it is already blown, and just skimming through LS1.com apparently its making 270RWKW which is just the beginning!:eek:o1:

Will you be at the FF/LS1 cruise Strife?? Id love to check out that beast of yours....:s3

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Im looking forward to seeing want the potential of the fords are.

Im planning to be at the cruise unless work gets in the way.

The 7.2 Ltr LS6 is for a project car. The intention is to try and build a 10sec LS1 NA car in a format that is yet to be decided, FI or Direct Port NOS setup is likely after

Grungy is 300rwkw at the moment and there is an engine builder in Perth busy putting a package together for grungy for christmas

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
strife said:
Pete dont worry

Aaahhh, so true. But you have transport in the meantime don't you!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
strife said:
Im looking forward to seeing want the potential of the fords are.

Im planning to be at the cruise unless work gets in the way.

The 7.2 Ltr LS6 is for a project car. The intention is to try and build a 10sec LS1 NA car in a format that is yet to be decided, FI or Direct Port NOS setup is likely after

Grungy is 300rwkw at the moment and there is an engine builder in Perth busy putting a package together for grungy for christmas

Sheeez, thats one awesome power house 7.2L LS6 with NOS. Mate your car is goin to do wheelies, might have to get wheely bars mate.

Can't wait to see your car at the cruise.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts