Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XR is on its way. Went through paint - now in final assy.

I CAN'T WAIT (oooohhhhhyeeeaaahhhhh!!!!!)

One snag though - looks like due to my little plan I'm up for freight from Melb to Syd - bugger!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Good stuff, good to see your baby commin through. How long will it from now till delivery?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess - second week of July.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
One snag though - looks like due to my little plan I'm up for freight from Melb to Syd - bugger!
Why for??.. You getting something special done or something..

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: AUssie Pete's XR is Born

Ford Man said:

Why for??.. You getting something special done or something..
Ummm - not saying anything! Just sorted the freight - pays to know people!!! (he, he, he) Toll-Finemore are such a great company!

BTW; if anyone ever needs to ship a car, Toll-Finemore are the guys. They have all the best transport equipment and staff for Ford and Holden. I have always used them and received cars on time and damage free.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Re: Re: Re: AUssie Pete's XR is Born

Aussie Pete said:
Ummm - not saying anything!
Seriously though, why for?? If you're not going to say anything why mention it in the first place??...

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: Re: AUssie Pete's XR is Born

Ford Man said:

Seriously though, why for?? If you're not going to say anything why mention it in the first place??...
What have I mentioned? I will tell all when the car is delivered.

Similarly Jaytn, the photos are not available until after delivery of the car. The dealer must notify Ford that the car is delivered and they are then emailed to the customer. Until then, patience! I will post them in the member rides area when I get them.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
If you ordered the XR through City Ford why are you paying freight for it? Obviously you've sent it to Herrods or somewhere to have something neat done (your little plan) or why would you be paying for freight yourself?
If you're having something done, why hide it from us? It's not like where gunna hijack the bloody truck as it comes up the highway. You've got our interest now so what's the goss?? If it's a good option we'd like to know about it so some of us can investigate it a bit further, perhaps for our own cars. :rolleyes:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to leave it until after I've decided 100%. Just save frotting around that's all. I didn't want to say I'm going to do one thing and then change it all later (you know - I'm gonna do this! And then the story changes ten times :rolleyes: :eek: ).

Gotta book more plane tickets to go see the beast at Tickford (he, he, he)! Too impatient to wait for it to get up here!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Laminge and Ford Man:
You both have PMs....

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
I want to leave it until after I've decided 100%
Fair enough. You've got my interest now anyway!!.. :D

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car is on trim line now - 14:00 Monday 18th June. Big Brother (aka Aussie Pete) is WATCHING
(twilight zone music fades in......................)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
The XR is on its way. Went through paint - now in final assy.

I CAN'T WAIT (oooohhhhhyeeeaaahhhhh!!!!!)

I'll un-selfleesly offer to take her for a spin just to make sure nothings wrong...:cool:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hey I'm a professional tester you know. Just ask anyone who has driven with me!
testing brakes
testing throttle
testing steering
testing tyres....fail
testing airbag?? oops:nuts:

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
Ok, I to have an XR8 on order. How do you know where your car is on the line. I am itching to get my car, would love to know how far along it is.

Dealer tells me mid July is teh estimated delivery time.

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
XR8220 - what do you have on order? like colour etc.. explain! would be great to see pictures of it as seen as you get it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts