Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from working at the Summernats, this is my next big bunch of car fanatics project...

http://spud1.50megs.com/main.html

Go to the Australia Day Cruise page. This page will shortly be updated with more info. The only condition for inclusion in the cruise is that your car is modified in some way (gonna have to stick the under bonnet blower on the Festy Ford Man :D)

This event was run last year by word of mouth and attracted 65 cars.

While you're there check out the cars on the site. Most of these people are very close friends.

:cool:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discovery said:
...(gonna have to stick the under bonnet blower on the Festy Ford Man :D)
Bah!! I'd still get more power from my bloody lawnmower!! :nuts:

Some nice looking cars on the site though.. :cool:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ BUMP ^^

Numbers are looking good for the event and we have cars from as far as SA and Qld attending. Free entry, a goodie bag for all participants and a chance to show off your pride and joy alongside a bunch of performance cars.

Bring your own meat/picnic lunch. BBQ's provided.

See you there.

Felicity

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
G'Day Flic,
At last nights club meeting a large number of people expressed interest in attending. Will see you there. It would be good to catch up with all the other Ford Forums users too.

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
cruise

Hey was at the Nats. Where you the cute one behind the desk for the buddies. ;) I was gunna go over and see ya, but you looked busy and I had problems with the rego, I left the old ticker on. ha ha. Did ya catch up with xr8chic there?

I'd like to go on cruise as I've been pretty slack...

The LTD spends more time off the road and on. And I've got the rear bumper to fix now... :(

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: cruise

LTDHO said:
Hey was at the Nats. Where you the cute one behind the desk for the buddies. ;) I was gunna go over and see ya, but you looked busy and I had problems with the rego, I left the old ticker on. ha ha. Did ya catch up with xr8chic there?

I'd like to go on cruise as I've been pretty slack...

The LTD spends more time off the road and on. And I've got the rear bumper to fix now... :(
Just what do you classify as cute? I'm glad I looked like I was busy if it was me as I was having a great time and might find it difficult to justify getting paid if people thought I looked like I was doing nothing. Hey.. you weren't the guy I gave a hard time on Saturday to for having an old rego sticker on were you?

Yes I caught up with XR8 Chic finally.

Hope to see you on the cruise (come up and say hello this time, i'll let you know what I will be driving as soon as I find out :s6: )

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Yeah on Saturday in the SummerNats office, for $50..

Too easy, I had to get the right sticker express posted

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Latest rumour on numbers for the cruise are up around the 300 car mark! We have an official counter so I will be able to give specifics after the event.

Don't forget to bring your own bbq meat or cold lunch. Oh, and bring a camera!

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Count

Is there mny Fords going? There doesn't seem to be much of a reply.

I'm bringing my dd who i a For fanatic, also nother mate who will only go if I take the LTD.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There may not be much of a response from this site and the cruise is open to all makes but I can assure you there are a lot of Fords going.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Yeah, it was very hot. Lots of cars though.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Weather was hot, about 36 degrees. A total of 155 cars left for the run, some got lost, some overheated but a lot came back for the bbq at the end. Great to catch up with Smciner1, Carolyn, LTDHO, XR8 Daz etc on the day. I have pics in my camera and will scan them when developed (no digital)

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
I was cool, well hot really!

It was good meet the cars... :) oh and the people. I almost had a T model Ford when I stoped and he realised that T models don't pull up too good. :)

Although Discovery, yes, the organiser, didn't show up in a Ford... Shame shame... ha ha

Lot's of nice cars, wish I had remembered the camera before I got to the west gate...

Fun had by all, no drama's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts