Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mark VII Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked out the Australian site and they have these cars called Falcons, are these like our Taurus's we have over here?
Some-one also mentioned a windsor motor being in the cars, 5.0 or a windsor mod motor?

I realy like the looks of the XR8, thats one 'bad' lookin car:D

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
sadly no

The Falcon and the XR series cars are nothing like the Taurus sold here in the U.S. These cars are RWD and feature V6 and V8 power. The XR8 is one bad-a$$ car... you could call it a 4-door Mustang.

If they sold the XR cars here instead of the V8..I'd be lining up for one of those XR8s.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
TX90LSC said:
I just checked out the Australian site and they have these cars called Falcons, are these like our Taurus's we have over here?
Some-one also mentioned a windsor motor being in the cars, 5.0 or a windsor mod motor?

I realy like the looks of the XR8, thats one 'bad' lookin car:D
Hi guys,

The Falcon is a rear drive car that has a standard 4 liter inline 6 (not V6). It does not share a platform with any other Ford rear drivecar. It's only available in Australia and New Zealand at the moment. The Windsor V8 as an option. The XR Series Falcon (sportier version) comes in three different variations:

XR6 HP (inline 6)
XR6 VCT (Inline 6 Variable Camshaft Timing)
XR8 (Powered by the legendery Windsor 5 liter V8)

For more info, go to the Ford Australia Website (if you haven't already been there!)www.ford.com.au
or go to the Australian area of Fordforums, we would be glad to help!!

See ya there. :wink2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts