Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then you will like this one, it's called the T-series:

It currently has 220kw (295hp) 5L Windsor V8, but in the next day or two it will hopefully be announce by Ford that it will get a stroked V8 with something like 255kw (342hp).

see http://www.fte.ford.com.au/ or http://www.ford.com.au/ for more info.

P

·
0 Posts
Dang, that is a GREAT looking car, and if they produced it here with
a 295hp Windsor it would sell out immediately...

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
That is a good looking sedan. Ford Fairmont, Ford doesn't make them for the US anymore. Maybe its just me but, it looks a little like the new Taurus.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Here are my baby's...

Old baby (Sold it to buy my house..DICKHEAD!!)

220hp 4.0 OHC IL6 Falcon XR6 Ute RWD

And the new baby... (Up the bush so it's a bit dirty)

210hp 4.0 OHC IL6 Falcon S RWD

Sorry if the piccies are huge... :(

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
I didn't see any pics. You get over 200hp out of a straight six? Damn. You guys downunder get all of the cool stuff.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
My Aus EL-Series 2 Falcon XR8

... with stripe

... without stripe (photoshop touch-up!)

5L Windsor, producing 185kW and 402Nm from the factory. My mods to date include stainless Genie extractors, full dual 2.5" exhaust with high flow mufflers, no rear resonator, cross drilled + slotted front rotors (DBA), Bendix Ultimate pads, K&N filter. Now producing ~210kW (140kW at the wheels).

Find me a nicer looking 4-door! ;)

Mike

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
The Falcon looks a little bit like the 95 T-Bird but in a 4-door version. Good looking car, with engine to match.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Thanks guys! And the best bit, thanks to you guys and your passion for Stangs, we get to play with all the good aftermarket bits you've been developing over the years. Woohoo! :) I'm thinking the next mods (in order) will be MAF and 24lb injectors, then Cobra R upper & lower intake manifold, cold air (moreso), perhaps 70mm throttle body, then Unichip. After this, maybe cam, maybe supercharger. Looking to get a comfortable 300kW+ (400hp).

Now to find the $$$ :(

Mike

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
el2xr8 said:
Thanks guys! And the best bit, thanks to you guys and your passion for Stangs, we get to play with all the good aftermarket bits you've been developing over the years. Woohoo! :) I'm thinking the next mods (in order) will be MAF and 24lb injectors, then Cobra R upper & lower intake manifold, cold air (moreso), perhaps 70mm throttle body, then Unichip. After this, maybe cam, maybe supercharger. Looking to get a comfortable 300kW+ (400hp).

Now to find the $$$ :(

Mike
Sounds like a similar project that im going to be doing, but im looking for 400+hp Normally aspirated :D

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yeah I'd like to get there without force feeding, but when I see the dyno sheets .. oooh.. it's just so hard to resist such an easy solution! :)

Are you doing up a Falcon? New or old? Fill us in! :)

Mike

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
el2xr8 said:
Yeah I'd like to get there without force feeding, but when I see the dyno sheets .. oooh.. it's just so hard to resist such an easy solution! :)

Are you doing up a Falcon? New or old? Fill us in! :)

Mike
Im going to build a one hell of a sleeper.
If possible I want to buy a low kms EB-EL 5.0L GLi, but they seem to be pretty rare.
So it looks more likely that it will be a V8 Fairmont Ghia, or if all else fails an XR8 ;) (which is what I really want but they cost too much compared to a Ghia)

And if I find that 400Hp is not enough, I may throw in a 351Windsor stroked to 392ci :D

·
Lightning Member
38 Posts
XR8

Damn that is a sweet looking 4 door, why can't we get a v-8 rwd four door? We get the Lincoln LS but that thing is $40,000. And the current Crown Vic is a little to grampa oriented although the new Marauder shows promise. I guess I'll have to stick with my truck :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
12 Participants
jaytyn
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing