Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here my question, i bought my PGT in May of 2001 and it was pretty quick for having 100,000 miles and a automatic tranny. Well anyways like a month later my friend bought a red one in bad condition with 80,000 miles on it and he wanted to race, so we did and i smoked him by about a good 25ft, well he found a mod to do something with the fuel and tranny with a switch but he wont tell me what it is. Does anyone know because with this he kept up with me and i only won by like 5 ft at the most, can you guys help me out, i want to prove to him that his car is slow and smoke him again.
thanks

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
88 Posts
B&m also makes an electronic switch that converts the electronic signal to and from the transmission to control lock up and shift points. They run about 40 bucks. I'm not sure if they make it for the pgt or not. But maybe they do. If any thing if you like to ride the gas alot like most guys it would be worth it to by it. The slip that ford puts into the tranny actually makes the trany go out faster. Hence the reason people put in shift kits and swear by them.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Nobody makes any tranny goodies for the Probe Except Level 10, and those are mostly just the TC's and such.

The IAT mod is what your friend found....I can get my tires to break loose every time on the 1-2 shift when it's on. Rad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts