Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hmm, that's a new artist's impression! Going on the descriptions we've all heard, that sounds quite close to the money. To me though it looks a little front-heavy, i think the front wheels are a bit out of proportion. However, I think if the scale of the front end was made smaller, it would look pretty good.

I also like this bit regarding performance..
It's one thing to catch up, but we want to slap them around the ears a little.
:thumbup:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I like it.....I like it ALOT!:nuts: :evil:

I think this impression is very close. The description a mate of mine gave me after he saw a "body in white" (just the shell) version seems to fit the bill. I don't whether it will have the R5 style lights or the new Mondeo style lights though, I've heard the lights will be squarer, not so triangular, but either way, this are looking good..

I can't wait to get behind the wheel of one...:nuts: :p :cool:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I do like the looks for the Ford line-up proposed by the article for 2002. As for the 2001-update, I'm not convinced the Lowndes thing is a good idea. He doesn't have a 'winning' history with Ford that should earn him a 260kW 'special edition' - I'm sure guys like Seto, Bowe etc are wondering where their special edition is. Granted, Lowndes is a highly visible personality with a lot of marketing cred. but I'm not sure he's earned his Ford Stripes just yet!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
They got this picture http://www.detnews.com/pix/1999/9912/29/b1car.jpg and gave it R5 headlights, a 5 minute adobe job.
Yeah looks pretty good except THOSE DAMN HEADLIGHTS!! What is the go with the square and vertical style of lights coming in???????? :fmad: Just look at the new GTR Skyline! Vertical round shaped ugly MF'ing things.. KEEP THE HEADLIGHTS HORIZONTAL DAMNIT!!!!

*Mike cools down* :D

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
After reading the AV article, I'm now thinking of getting a AV XR8 or a AV T-Series instead of the T'Series that's coming out at the end of this year :nuts:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
gms00 said:
After reading the AV article, I'm now thinking of getting a AV XR8 or a AV T-Series instead of the T'Series that's coming out at the end of this year :nuts:
I think you'll be happy with the update to T-SERIES this year as well;)

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
I like it. Looks like the back will look good too. I hope the XRs and T Series have some tough wheel desighns and kits of course.

What does eveyone think of the power claims? I wonder if Ford will build a 300kw GT before the new 8??

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Also the TU50 sounds good. Its a must as our utes are superior and selling better than Holdens. Gee it feels good to say that a Ford is kicking a Holdens butt!

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
DR XR said:
Also the TU50 sounds good. Its a must as our utes are superior and selling better than Holdens. Gee it feels good to say that a Ford is kicking a Holdens butt!

Yep Ford is selling more utes than holden, cause holden don't have a 1 tonner.

I was amazing to see in my town that soon as the 1 tonner came out all the builders picked one up, they sprang up over night.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I dont mind the look as long as the wheel arches don't go too Torana A9X'ish with the flares n all. Also the doors on this pic don't look like AU items which is supposedly the ONLY sheetmetal left untouched.
Looks a bit Audi/VW bora like I think.
Russell.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
el2xr8 said:
KEEP THE HEADLIGHTS HORIZONTAL DAMNIT!!!!

*Mike cools down* :D
A-men to that Mike.. :D
Looks ok but I don't think that's a reliable piccie of it. Like you said Chris, it's just the prodigy reworked.. Power levels are goooood!!!!.. and that quote has got me going too... "slap 'em arounf the ears a bit".. YEAH YEAH BABY!! :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i guess i gotta see it in the metal, looks abit eek at the moment but i'm sure it will grow on people. Just like the AU it's growing on me biiig time. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Venom S said:
I do like the looks for the Ford line-up proposed by the article for 2002. As for the 2001-update, I'm not convinced the Lowndes thing is a good idea. He doesn't have a 'winning' history with Ford that should earn him a 260kW 'special edition' - I'm sure guys like Seto, Bowe etc are wondering where their special edition is. Granted, Lowndes is a highly visible personality with a lot of marketing cred. but I'm not sure he's earned his Ford Stripes just yet!

Disagree - sorry venom, but it is just the shot in the arm the Ford Marketing Department needs to create a car which will not only kick much needed butt, but it will also rub those SKAIFE clones (wankers) faces in it .......... I say yes, Ford should extract every dollar of their investment in Lowndes.......:cool: :WH:

M

·
0 Posts
DR XR said:
I like it. Looks like the back will look good too. I hope the XRs and T Series have some tough wheel desighns and kits of course.

What does eveyone think of the power claims? I wonder if Ford will build a 300kw GT before the new 8??
I cant wait.............AV XR8 5.4 for me baby........I cant wait - we are witnessing the Ford revival here, my fellow bretheren.....time soon to s**t on HSV.....I can't wait - got those excitement butterflies.......

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Well I am happy for Fords sake that so many seem to like that photo, but I can say that I hate it. The side profile is worse than Au and those wheel arches:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

Great article though

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
MadMax said:

Disagree - sorry venom, but it is just the shot in the arm the Ford Marketing Department needs to create a car which will not only kick much needed butt, but it will also rub those SKAIFE clones (wankers) faces in it .......... I say yes, Ford should extract every dollar of their investment in Lowndes.......:cool: :WH:
Sure, but wait until after he wins bathurst aye?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts