Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any pics of what the AV might look like around anywhere.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about artists conceptions and things like that, that may give us a bit of an insight as to what is possible.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:
What about artists conceptions and things like that, that may give us a bit of an insight as to what is possible.
Things are pretty much kept well under wraps around here at the moment regarding Barra.....even senior executives aren't "automatically" allowed access into the research center because of their position in the company. It's pretty much on a "Do you need to see it to do your job? No?! Then leave!" sort of thing.

I've seen a picture of the AV but according to company policy, can't reveal any more. I guess the first the public will see of it is spy shots in motor magazines. ;) But anyway, the shot was taken a while ago and Simon (Butterworth) has made changes to it because it got negative feedback (and from what I can gather, there was a HELL OF A LOT of negative feedback). Hey, at least the design team are listening........

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Ford Man said:
Final design drawings haven't been finished yet so there's no photo's to speak of.. :(
Seems strange given they're already building pilot vehicles or at least stamping panels.... :rolleyes: I think design would be very much set in stone by now.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Seems strange given they're already building pilot vehicles or at least stamping panels.... :rolleyes: I think design would be very much set in stone by now.
They're definitely well under way in building a prototype.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
I think design would be very much set in stone by now.
Main design is for sure. Just the nitty gritty details aren't finalised yet. Things like trim colours, badging, light configuration, things like that...

·
Australian AUII XR6 HP Member
108 Posts
I have Heard from some "Ford people" that the release of the AV might be sooner than we think.....Maybe First quarter of 2002....has anybody else heard the same?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
PETE_XR6 said:
I have Heard from some "Ford people" that the release of the AV might be sooner than we think.....Maybe First quarter of 2002....has anybody else heard the same?
Ford have strongly denied this will happen!:eek:

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
I have heard that the Barra is much more conservative in design, squared off etc, that it looks a little like an Audi, and that the interior is hugely different, and I have heard that people have been very positive about the new interior, much more European they say...........doors will be the same as AU.........

Jas

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:
Are any pics of what the AV might look like around anywhere.
These were shown in wheels magazine a while ago. I suppose nobody knows how accurate they are, and I know that just recently the designers were asked to make changes to the front end styling because it wasn't aggressive enough.

We're just gonna have to wait and see.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
HSE2 said:

Ford have strongly denied this will happen!:eek:
I am sure that many rumours will circulate, I actually have heard one too about the timing, but I wont post that here.......tis too accurate a source.

Jas

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:

I am sure that many rumours will circulate, I actually have heard one too about the timing, but I wont post that here.......tis too accurate a source.

Jas
How about an email or PM Vilkas??:D ;)

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Those wheels pics resemble what I've heard. It seems the general consensus is a relatively Audi-look - front (lights) and rear.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
Re: Re: AV pics

JEM said:

These were shown in wheels magazine a while ago. I suppose nobody knows how accurate they are, and I know that just recently the designers were asked to make changes to the front end styling because it wasn't aggressive enough.

We're just gonna have to wait and see.

Why is the rear just reminds me of a Commodore...especially with that square exhaust? :p

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I reckon we'll see the new Mondeo style interior in AV, well I hope we do, I think it looks great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts