Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Motor today!!

Here's a super rough scan of Motor's interpretation of the AV XR8 (we've all seen enough AV Falcon sketches...)

Also in the mag (besides the XR8 vs SS comparision) are short articles on cousin Craig Lowndes and step-brother Rob Herrod - and a short editorial mentioning Uncle Geoff. :D

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Thats not too bad a sketch, it would be pretty damn good it it turns out like that.
Can't wait to get my copy of Motor in the mail either :D

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
If it looks like that I'll be restoring the AU for many years....

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Ford Man said:
Wow!.. That's a pretty far out front end...
It would look pretty trick in the flesh I'd reckon.. :D
Obviously I'm getting old or something. SOrry - edge design is too harsh on this one....

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I think it looks excellent, and it would look even better in the flesh!:nuts: A pretty good pic of what it COULD look like. I noticed it's still got the AU doors which are supposedly the only carry over.:rolleyes:

Carn, Pete...I'd reckon you'd come around pretty quick if they come out looking like that!, not to mention the mechanicals. ;)
I don't like the mecano wheels though.:(
Russell.

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
Jeez! thats the falcon they should have built in 1998! Even if its all sharp n stuff, theres NOTHING else around like that - very distinctive. I wonder what sort of bodykit bits they'll have floating around for that in a few years time..

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
hmmm its different, futuristic but should grow on you......wait thats what they said for the au lol

nah its cool but every sketch i see is different so whats to say this is it?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm

Square look front with big wheel arch lines (curves) and the front ones intersect the guard crease. Anyone want to guess what i think;)

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
HSE2 said:
Hmmmmmmmmm

Square look front with big wheel arch lines (curves) and the front ones intersect the guard crease. Anyone want to guess what i think;)
Wouldn't be that you don't like the wheel arch flares would it? As well as a square front grafted to a curved body :D

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
That is one mean looking car! Awesome!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Obviously I'm getting old or something. SOrry - edge design is too harsh on this one....
Well it seems a logical step, it's an evolution from the AU. Like everyone said the AU was too new for when it was released, seems everyone is goin that style.
Don't mind that look at all, and backs up the AU shape now.

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Looks pretty good, obviously a overly stylised version, half of that stuff would never make it into any real production car..

The rear looks good tho, and with less riceyness would look pretty good.

Definately agressive. I can certianly imagine a inline 6 cylinder DOHC turbo engine in it, they could proberly sell it to japan now its suffering from skyline withdrawals. I see some GT-R, old wrxness in there, which is proberly what the AU shape needed.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Ok something looks very fishy with that drawing, notice the front bumper openings on the sides and profile of the headlights around the grill area.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bastards!:D

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Actually the more I look at it, the more it looks like a rip off.
The side profile - the panels/wheel arches are exactly the same as the XR6 drawing I sketched and it is high off the ground - same as the XR6 sketch.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
errrr rightttttttt.. If it looks like that, ill buy a commodore!

Erm only kidding, I wouldnt go that far.

Ill just hang onto my AUII until the 2005 falcon.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DONUT KING said:
Can't wait to get my copy of Motor in the mail either :D
I'd be getting mighty pissy with Aus.Post/Motor - I got my copy at the newsagents on the way home last night.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts