Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day, i've installed new HU,amp,fronts,rears and a sub about 4-5 months ago. Now i'm getting 'ok' bass from the sub but not as much as I tihnk it should be getting. it's a pioneer 12" 300wrms/600wmax facing forward with about 2-3 inches between the cone and the back of the seats. it's in a sealed cubic foot box. I've got it bridged up to 2 channels of my 4 channel Alpine amp (MRP-F240) which puts out 4x40wrms @4ohms or 2x100 wrms @4ohms. And the other 2 channels to my 2 fronts. I've got it like full GAIN + 12+bass boost on the sub channels(yes I am aware of possible overheating ;) ) But i've only got GAIN on like half for the fronts and they crank! Now the thing is the sub is moving a lot, like the actual cone is cranking back and forth quite viciously, but I can only just hear the bass from the outside of the car, which doesn't bother me at all, except that it tells you that the volume of bass isn't GREAT inside the cabin. Any ideas fellas?? Any help would be appreciated, except telling me I need a better amp :p
Cheers!

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Try moving your box around in the boot area of your EF, can your amp be left in place while shifting the box?, first turn it around and face it(the sub) towards the back, put it directly behind the amp rack leaving a space on one side(had look at your site) have a listen. Best to have a mate shifting the box around(closing the boot each time)for you while you listen from the inside. Set the H/U and leave it, only repeating the same song or bass track.
And yes your amp is too small for a sealed sub...:p

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Turn it around so it's facing backwards, fold the rear seats down, then tell us how it goes :)

PS. Bass boost doesn't actually give you any additional bass, all it does is make the bass max out at a lower volume on your HU. For example, if you have a HU that goes to 50 lets say, having the bass boost on higher means that the sub will max out at say 30 rather than 50. Past 30 you wont be getting any additional bass, and often having the boost set higer will caus your bass to be rather "boomy" and overpowering down low. Sorry bout the lecture, just that alot of people believe that bass boost is some magical feature that gives you twice as much power from your amp... :teach:

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
I have my sub in a box mounted in the right rear corner of the boot (drivers side), and facing forward, it gives bass you can feel when cranked up, but outside the car souds like the rear end is going to rattle apart (i gotta fix that problem), can't hear the rattle's inside so thats good.

Jason

·
Mountain man'
1,147 Posts
im exactly the same as ur Dellboy
sounds like the rear end is gunna fall apart,
especially my boot, but i squirted heaps of selleys shit around
the top of the boot now the boot doesnt rattle, but my number plate,
my p plate, rattle
i cant stop the number plate cause its one of those fold down ones

·
Registered
434 Posts
buy another amp. I have a audiopipe ms-t12 375rms sub, i have 200rms into it and it can be herd from about 50 meters away. (so my neighbours rekon). I have wired it up to a lanzar amp with 300rms into it for a demo run and in my EA boot it sounds like i have 2 12's. WHat you basicaly want to do is match up the power of your sub with your amp. Some subs e.g kicker comp, putting 100rms into them sound great, but some subs require more power for them to realy start perfoming. may i recomend the response 150x2 amp, it puts out a bit more than 300rms when bridge but so you would not set the gain to max, but im shure would make your sub sound a lot nicer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts