Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked this at BON as well.Does anyone have any news on the 4WD Falcon,or Raptor.I see that Holden are ready to give the greenlight to their 4wd. Jeez I hope we get there first.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
What's the bet the 2006 Falcon will be AWD??

Any takers. I'll put money on at least the XR's and T's will be anyway...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Nothing further to add from Bon discussion. I just hope they do it! Oh but lets have a rear wheel bias;)

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The article was in the motoring section of the NZ Herald.Also had quite a bit on the Ford Aus losses and Jac Nasser's large pay packet as metioned on the thread here Ford slips a gear . Articles are pretty reliable in the nationwide paper.

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea HSE2. Even one step further if it can be adjusted as in Subaru WRX Sti. Wow you could still smoke the back tyres then. Well i hope it would be the back tyres.:wink2:

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those that haven't been to BON. It seems that Spyman has a bit of news on something with coupe looks ,300 AWD.Sounds very interesting.Still didn't say when tho.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
You'd think an AWD Falcon would have a set up like the X-Type, 60-40 bias to the rear wheels? I think 50-50 would suck. The bastard would be half Taurus!!...

Be back in a jif, just going to check spymans info....

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a section from the article.
"Part of the programme includes devolpment of a CTV stepless automatic transmission for both the six cylinder Raptor and a heavily revised 2003 Falcon.An all new 3.8 litre V6 will replace the Falcons long time straight six engine in 2005.The Raptors all wheel drive system is also being adapted for high performance versions of the Falcon sedan range, some of which will have a new 5.4 litre V8 to replace the exsisting 5.0 litre engine."
Provided this article is on the mark , that means it's a go doesn't it.?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
4 Participants
Big Block Ford
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing