Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Edge with 76,000 miles, all wheel drive. About two weeks ago the rear end started making a chattering noise when turning right or left while driving in town. I had purchased an extra warrantee when I purchased the car about 6 months ago from a Ford dealer. I took it in two weeks ago to find out what's making the chattering. They pulled apart the rear end and found that an electric coil had burned out and it messed up the clutch plates. They can't seem to find the parts to repair it. My question, is this a common issue with AWD or just 2016 year models or a lack of the dealer not inspecting the car before they put it on the lot to sell? I retired from the auto repair business about 14 years ago. That is why I purchased the extended warrantee.

·
Super Moderator
20,912 Posts
" or a lack of the dealer not inspecting the car before they put it on the lot to sell? " If the fault was not there when purchased 6 months ago , no blame on the dealer whatsoever .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
" or a lack of the dealer not inspecting the car before they put it on the lot to sell? " If the fault was not there when purchased 6 months ago , no blame on the dealer whatsoever .
Well yes that could be so. I do not understand why they cannot get the parts. Is this a common issue with this type of car?

·
Super Moderator
20,912 Posts
Have they given you a courtesy car ? If not and they still cannot get the parts needed , they could get this complete assembly at a decent price ( probably lower than this price ) If they had to pay for a hire whilst your car was off the road it would make the price lower still .Keep on at them to get it resolved .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have they given you a courtesy car ? If not and they still cannot get the parts needed , they could get this complete assembly at a decent price ( probably lower than this price ) If they had to pay for a hire whilst your car was off the road it would make the price lower still .Keep on at them to get it resolved .

I traded the car today for an EcoSport. NO AWD. They still have not got the part. Said they ordered it from Memphis Tn. warehouse.

·
Super Moderator
20,912 Posts
Thanks for update , hope you are trouble free with your EcoSport.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts