Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day

i was just wondering whats the deal with whenever i cut a wheelie (burnout) i get bad axle tramp from the back. it sounds like the diff is moving off the springs. the uni's seem to be fine but i could be wrong. we are getting a uni kit soon to see if that stops it. If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it please tell me. Its an XD with a toploader and 8 3/4 borgy

XDman

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
Give her more rpm before you drop the clutch, or start off in 2nd, that should help ya out.

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
I used to have that problem, the bloody car would bounce all the way accross the intersection when I took off hard.

I got a set of 6 leaf rear springs and replaced the shocks, rubbers and shackles. Now burnouts and hard take off's are just a walk in the park :hy:

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
'xdc351 is right, tighten that rear end up and everything will be fine.
At the very least better shocks and urethane bushes, you may get away without doing the springs.

Rick.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
It’s been a few years, remember the old tramp rods or was it tramp bars...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
G'Day,

My XD has some real beefy stiff leaf springs in the rear end - there's no way it will diff bounce.

I have some tramp rods to go on but they won't fit because its been lowered 2.5 inches - they are only about 1 cm off the ground.

Your diff is trying to rotate instead of the tyres - stiffer, heavy duty springs are the best cheap way of negating this - wreckers should have some cheap ones.

Cheers
AdrianXD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts