Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started to change my slave cylinder and got all the way to unbolting the transfer case when I noticed the bottom bolt is broken off, it looks like there's another piece about an 1.5 inch's wide that has bolts does anyone know if I can just unscrew those to remove the transfer case from the transmission or of a way I can remove it without messing with that broken bolt ? Can I remove it from the transmission extension housing from the transmission side and take it off like that ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you take a pic?
I can tomorrow I'll post a few , cause if what I'm gonna try doest work I'm gonna need probably need some advice on the best way to go , I'll try and have some up by the afternoon but will tomorrow for sure thanks for the help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you take a pic?
There not great pics sorry , I only have the dark one posts cause you can see like a bleeder valve so thought that might help you know, the last pic you can see, what I meant by it looks like there's an adapter kinda that's like and inch an half maybe that's connect to the tail end housing and the transfer case , is that actually a separate piece it looks like it has different mounting bolts then the transfer case but I don't know if I unbolt it will it even separate, I didn't know about the tail end housing being a separate piece until the other night , can I just take that off from the transmission end and remove the transfer case that way ? , And how heavy would you guess it's gonna be ? I drained both the tranny and the transfer case . A mechanic I know was saying if I want to take it out still connected to the transmission it's going to be really heavy , and I'm by myself and a fairly slim guy I got 2 jacks tho so if can I'd like to make it as light as I can so the reinstall won't be to much of a pain to .
Automotive lighting Tints and shades Whiskers Electric blue Event

Tints and shades Cumulus Electric blue Whiskers Meteorological phenomenon

Tints and shades Art Gas Electric blue Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
As long as all linkage is disconnected from the transfer case, you probably can pull the case with the tailpiece, as ling as you have clearance to pull it far enough back. Mine is a BW1356F and I don't think it weighs more than about 80 pounds. In the last photo (can't make out anything in the others) the bolt you see is for the cap for the tail piece. The transfer case should have 4 bolts going in the other direction to bolt the tail piece and cap assembly to the transfer case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long as all linkage is disconnected from the transfer case, you probably can pull the case with the tailpiece, as ling as you have clearance to pull it far enough back. Mine is a BW1356F and I don't think it weighs more than about 80 pounds. In the last photo (can't make out anything in the others) the bolt you see is for the cap for the tail piece. The transfer case should have 4 bolts going in the other direction to bolt the tail piece and cap assembly to the transfer case.
Tints and shades Art Bumper Electric blue Automotive exterior
in the photo I wanted to try an take off from that middle piece but I went to try today and can't get a wrench around 2 of the bolts so gonna be taking it off with the tail end housing I think started today had to go get a torch the for the bolts on the exhaust and haven't gotten back out to work on it yet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey so I got everything off and finally got the tranny back on what a pain that was but my bolts got mixed up and I can't remember what spots to the longer bolts any chance you have an idea I have 4 long and 4 shorter bolts for mounting the tranny back to the engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts