Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I am after the average fuel consumption for average driving in the BA 4.0L Auto. Highway / city driving. I am only intersested in the consumption from normal driving. Ie no land speed records....

Cherax

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Country driving, BA XR6, Herrod Catback exhaust 9.6/100km.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Ive finally got mine down to 13.6 L/100Km around town and highway driving.

The lowest i got was 9.4L/100 on the highway, highest probarly about 17L / 100

·
Registered
128 Posts
~14L/km city
~10L/km country

Getting a herrod cat back this week so I hope it improves a bit! If its economy you are chasing, then I'd look to another Ford car. She a heavy bugga the old BA and it doesnt help the economy...

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
I get similar figures but i dont know exactly.... they are so much fun to drive so i rarely look at the trip meter;)

ps. xr_virgin, where are you getting the Herrod cat back fitted?

cheers,
Matt

·
P-Plater and lovin it ;)
262 Posts
Hey SM nice figures interested in like ur avg speed, how many kms on the speedo and did u see a drop in consumption with ur new exhaust? Cos my dads XR6 gets 10.7/100 with avg speed around 65 after 3500ishkms and wont quit with his complaining going on saying the AU was waay better blah blah blah, is there a drop in fuel consumption after the engine management remaps itself?

Cheers

·
Registered
911 Posts
Tbearz said:
Hey SM nice figures interested in like ur avg speed, how many kms on the speedo and did u see a drop in consumption with ur new exhaust? Cos my dads XR6 gets 10.7/100 with avg speed around 65 after 3500ishkms and wont quit with his complaining going on saying the AU was waay better blah blah blah, is there a drop in fuel consumption after the engine management remaps itself?

Cheers
He has to remember the AU was a lot lighter and some 30 kW less powerfull as well. The new I6's smoothness masks your sense of speed as well compared to the older sixes.

·
Registered
548 Posts
idoling at 1.4 L/H, city: 21L/100km, 350km per tank
freeway: 9.8L/100km, 650km per tank
have a few mods to make it go better

·
Registered
128 Posts
ps. xr_virgin, where are you getting the Herrod cat back fitted?
Brad Garlic - $600. I would have prefered Thompson Ford but they kept quoting me $1400 - for a frickin mild steel cat back! No matter how many times I said that was a bit high, they said it was right, so they miss the sale as I was sick of ringing them to convince them otherwise. Normally I'd go with something cheaper, but I have warranty issues ( re company car ). I reckon I could get a whole system for nearly $600! And for me, unless the boss complains, fuel economy is not an issue. The advantages of a company car and fuel card I guess!

·
Banned
421 Posts
over 17,000kms of mixed city and highway, the average has hardly moved form 12.3L/100kms - its a pretty thirsty car, but thats the price you pay for having a larger engine that dosnt need to have the crap revved out of it to make decent torque.

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
After 5,000KM (1 month) the computer is showing

Average speed 61 KM/H
Average fuel 11.9 L/100Km

Best I have seen so far (from fil to fill - about 60litres) is 9.1 L/100Km mostly freeway- cruise control. Worst about 12.3 - a week of sydney peak hour stuff.

In general 60 litres will give me around 520 km-ish by then light is on and its saying Ive about 50 km left in tank

Stock std XT 4litre auto, and thats about the same as my EL wagon used to do, but a MILLION times better to drive.

·
Just hear the Exhaust!
72 Posts
Not sure. Should do some tests and take the digital display off "RANGE" for a while...lol.

Since the mods. The car is WAY more fuel efficient. Wouldn't be surprised of I'm getting 9.8 litres per 100k or less. However, give it a footful and watch the needle move. Not very efficient, then again I didn't buy the thing for fuel efficiency.

·
Editor on P Plates
2,482 Posts
After 34,000km I'm averaging around 13L per 100km with about 75-85% city driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts