Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas, just insured my xr8 and my new insurance company demands i have a 2 point immoblizer on it. Does anyone know if the factory (optional) jobby is capable of this. Or even better does anyone know of a decent after marcket unit i can get.

I will not be changing my insurance company as this mob i went with is a few grand cheaper P.a then every other mob.

·
Demeritator
128 Posts
I'd be looking at a simple engine immobiliser, like a switch on the ignition under the dash. That then becomes the second point. I think "useless" a member on here, usually in the 6 pack area, installs alarms for a living, and sounds a cool guy, so drop him a PM.

·
Registered
99 Posts
XRQTOR said:
Hi fellas, just insured my xr8 and my new insurance company demands i have a 2 point immoblizer on it. Does anyone know if the factory (optional) jobby is capable of this. Or even better does anyone know of a decent after marcket unit i can get.

I will not be changing my insurance company as this mob i went with is a few grand cheaper P.a then every other mob.

I was told from somebody in the know that the BA falcon already has a 7 point imobiliser in it already so let the insurance co. know they should know this a, as I was going to put a viper alarm in it.Was then told not to get a full alarm as they will have probs but to go an alarm upgrade package available from mongoose,viper or most reputable suppliers.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cogdoc said:
I'd be looking at a simple engine immobiliser, like a switch on the ignition under the dash. That then becomes the second point. I think "useless" a member on here, usually in the 6 pack area, installs alarms for a living, and sounds a cool guy, so drop him a PM.
I think they require a proper alarm not just a kill switch. Im not worried about theft, the insurance company is.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pursuit_290 said:
A few grand cheaper???? Who are they???? That will give me a credit over what I pay.
Yep $2,ooo cheaper than the next closest quote.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts