·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all
like the topic says.........
i would like to know what is involved in resetting the computer in the BA FPV's

i have been told to remove the alarm & then disconnect the battery for 10 min's

others have told me that after i re-connect the battery i have to run through all the light's, wippers, radio ect so that the computer knows that the are there

does anybody know the proper "FORD PROCIDURE"

regards
rod

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
rod said:
....i have to run through all the light's, wippers, radio ect so that the computer knows that the are there
That is funny - I would be surprised if that bit is true! However, i don't know the correct procedure, so just pretend i never replied.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Um there is something that could cause problems with the ICC. Apparently it plays up after you reset the battery and comes up with some fault or something - so im lead to believe.

As for the whipers and that crap, nah i dont think so.

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Just turn the alarm off ( if factory type ) , then disconnect battery for 10 minutes .
ICC clock is the only thing that will need resetting. When you reconnect your battery , turn the alarm on . The hazard lights will flash until you press the keypad ( unlock ) to let the computer know its there. And thats all it requires .

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
So why do you have to reset it? A computer stores imfo thats programed in, isn't this done at Ford ? The only way to change it is to reprogram it isn't it ? It sounds to me that all your doing is turning it off then turning on again just like we do with our home P Cs nothing changes unless you change it, don't make sence to me?? I could be wrong.......

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That's interesting because im getting mine done next week at New Oak Ford amongts other things like the faulty boot alarm.
Regarding the computer reset Cam mentioned to me to get it done ,i think they call it a RE FLASH that ups your computer settings and the performance mode is improved again,im getting mine done by the GT technician there called Mario and like Cam he's the only person that works on our cars.Hope that may help you.
Cheers John

·
Registered
165 Posts
Interesting, I would be keen to know how you go. I have an XR8 BA and just had the upgrade "flashed" into to the EEC and it stuffed up, after a week and a lot of angry words, and a new servicing dealer it was "deflashed" back to original. Apparenlty there is a problem with the software. be ware.... my fuel ecomony went from 13.5 l /100 to 30......and ran liek it had a plug gone...

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Hi don’t want to speak for Rod, but he is away this weekend. I think what rod is talking about when you make a change or a mod on your engine, say like throttle body it takes I while for the cars computer to adjust to your new mod, we want to reset it. So it can pick up the mod that has been done strait away. So if we are at Calder testing various things we don’t want have to wait for the computer to get used to the mod... rod please correct me if I am wrong...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Don’t forget Calder this Friday guy's..<o:p></o:p>

Thx...<o:p></o:p>

·
1,934 Posts
Are you shaw the comp can be altered ? If that was the case why do you need a piggyback comp If you can change the standed one??? I think there is some leg pulling gowing on here.... LOL

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
you dont have worry sbutler, you dont have a BA computer so we will leave it at that....

·
1,934 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
you dont have worry sbutler, you dont have a BA computer so we will leave it at that....
Oh terribly sorry for showing an interest I thought that was the idea of the Fordforums but I see Im wrong this must be the BA owners Forum sorry to intrude Ill switch back to the other Fordfoums straight away, you know the one that covers all Fords, but than again you probley dont!

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
sbutler: They upload a new version of the software the comp is running to try and get optimum settings out of the car.

For example, if they run a certain fuel map, then develop a more efficient one, they re-flash the computer with this new setting.

They dont exactly change the comp, just better whats already there.

A piggy-back would be much more wild... I doubt you'd notice a re-flashed ecu.

·
1,934 Posts
danege said:
sbutler: They upload a new version of the software the comp is running to try and get optimum settings out of the car.

For example, if they run a certain fuel map, then develop a more efficient one, they re-flash the computer with this new setting.

They dont exactly change the comp, just better whats already there.

A piggy-back would be much more wild... I doubt you'd notice a re-flashed ecu.
OK thanks mate that sounds better, Its all clear now.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting, I would be keen to know how you go. I have an XR8 BA and just had the upgrade "flashed" into to the EEC and it stuffed up, after a week and a lot of angry words, and a new servicing dealer it was "deflashed" back to original. Apparenlty there is a problem with the software. be ware.... my fuel ecomony went from 13.5 l /100 to 30......and ran liek it had a plug gone...
Did yours have any work done to the motor? Just I have a pretty worked one and I’m having the same drama done plugs coils fhek filter the list goes on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts