Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The BA Falcon may be the best looking Falcon that Ford has ever built, but from some rather interesting information I have come across from SOOOO many people on these forums, and other place I have to say that the BA Falcon is an absolute LEMON.

From personal experience with issues that still haven't been rectified on my car after 4 Services - Brake shudder and the shreading of Fan belts being the man two, i must say that my previous AUII pissed all over the car for reliability.

Ok some people say that their car is perfect - we all like to think that we havent been dudded, but im starting to think that the BA is a pile of shit! Ford rushed the development and placed too much time in the development of a GOOD looking car rather then a car which was a faultless and safe to drive, ive heard stories about poor paint finishes (no excuse), poor interior alignment, the brake shudder - anyone who hasn't had this problem please contact me ASAP, fan belts flying to bits, the Manual box which would suit a 1950 Model Dodge Pickup, problems with cars stalling, problems with climate control in the upper series models, issues with oil usage in the 290 V8's, issues with the 4.0 VCT playing up, as well as things like water leaks through the boot.

Now if you guys all think that is NORMAL, :fool: then I dunno whats wrong with yas, Ford hasn't done what they strived to do with the BA! Anyone who wishes to flame me may, but get your facts straight before doing so, cause i must say ive had plenty of input from unhappy customers who feel as though they have been ripped off. :bp:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can understand where you are coming from, there have been some issues with the BA, but there are fixes in place for the brake shudder ( which unfortunately requries the technitian to do the job right if the vehicle is taken to the dealer for the complaint ) drive belt failures appear to have been rectified ( caused by p/steer pump alignment ), the T5 was in AU so why bitch about it now, Boss290 oil consumption was identified & rectified & I've also read where a 290 was using oil & gradually stopped & no vct system with coputer control is 100% perfect, I've never heard of wide spread paint quality & interior alignment but there will always be some built with flaws, remember it is a mass produced car & if Ford reduced the number of cars bulit per day to put a bit more tlc into producing the then the complaints would be coming that they should build them faster. Why don't you get into vehicle manufacturing & see if you can do better.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Be very careful what you say about the BAs there are some guys on the forum that will go off there tits if you say anything that is even slightly negative about the BA. Even if the problems you have are true, they will think that you are just stiring sh%t,
You are having probs with your BA keep it to your self or you'll start a sh#tfight !!
cheers mate and good luck.LOL

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol i dont want to start a shitfight with anyone, I just think it needs to be considered, considering there have been many others ranting about their cars.

Have a look at www.notgoodenough.org, this is worse then you think, as there are HEAPs of BA complaints!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Well if you can find a car or a manufacturer that make's a vehicle similar in price to the BA without any of the above fault's, then please let me know because as far as I'm concerned every manufacturer has fault's especially with the series 1 vehicle's,Holden, Toyota, Mitsubishi there all the same mate dont just blame the BA because there are BA's out there that are great car's, it all come's hand in hand.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, fair point but the fact of the matter is no matter WHAT price anything is you shouldnt be expected to have problems. AP's car is the finest example of what im talking about, and its one of the high version $70+ price tag BA's.

If ur wife/missus goes and buys a washing machine and it ****s up i dont think you would put up with it and keep taking it back, after a few trips back you would start to get rather PISSED, well i would.

Same goes for a car, only thing that should need to be done to a car in the first 100 000 kms is brake pads, tyres, a machine of the discs at about 40 000 kms, general oil/filter changes and other adjustments to do with wear and tear. The paint problems far exceed just a few ODD cars - i can assure you that, and as for brake shudder - im waiting to hear from someone with a car fitted WITH NON Premium brakes after 20,000 kms who hasnt had the issue.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Fair enough but a vehicle is not a washing machine and with the demand for such vehicle's in today's term, thing's do and will go wrong I'm affraid there will never be a manufacturer that make's a vehicle to last 100 000klm and only need pad's, manufacturer's are only interested in making money and these day's cost cutting is only to familar it isn't going to get any better.

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
If you want a car that runs damn near perfect and requires damn near zero maintainence other than the above mentioned then buy a Subaru. If not then put up and shutup I say, you should see the issues Yanks have with their cars including prestigious brands such as the 'three-pointed-star' and 'beemar'.... consider yourself lucky.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may aswell give up now, i dont think its a privledge to pay for something that seems to have so many issues, one or two problems that come up are exceptable on a one off basis, but when so many cars are affected in more then one way i have to start questioning whether Ford did those millions of test km's that they have stated in prerelease media content.

Ive had plenty of cars that have been early build and i havent had issues with them, I just dont see why people should be making excuses, YES one or two issues are understandable, but comeon guys i think u've been listening to the service people for too long.

Everytime i have to take my car to get something fixed, it costs me and my business money - BIG money.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
If brake shudder makes my car a lemon then it’s a lemon.... (Only issue it’s that minimal haven’t even seen the dealer about it yet)....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

XTS 220 if you outstanding issue’s that aren’t getting fixed, pick up your bat & ball and go to another Ford dealer....<o:p></o:p>
BA Australian car of the year 2 years in a row, Someone tell DJR they are building expensive lemons.
Thx...<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
BA the best looking Ford ever made in Australia? NOT likely. Its just a heavily disgused AU. The best looking For award must surely go to either the XP or XAGT coupes. Buy a Subaru?? Boxer crap dak dak dak pooooooof! I wouldnt buy any car with frameless doors!

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
Off topic but I've actually heard a hell of alot of complaints about the Subarus lately I know on one consumer site they are the most complained about car & drive went through 4 or so in there latest tests cause they kept breaking

·
Registered
268 Posts
SPALDING GREEN said:
the T5 was in AU so why bitch about it now
How is it that the T5 in the BA is far less driveable than it was in my EF? I don't think it unreasonable to expect things like driveline to improve with each subsequent model. I've got driveline backlash/vibration worse than my EF did after 100,000km, and it's only got 15000km.

no vct system with coputer control is 100% perfect
LMFAO!!! Never perfect? Ask the japanese or the europeans... they don't seem to have too many problems with variable valve timing. If it doesn't work properly, you don't release it to the public for bug-testing.

I've never heard of wide spread paint quality
Do you have eyes? Take a look at ice mint and mercury silver BAs... most are appalling. Hell, look at silver AUs, Ford has struggled with paint quality for years... even my EF had problems.

there will always be some built with flaws
The only acceptable flaws would be if they sourced faulty components. Things like fit/finish/paint should be picked up before the car ever leaves the factory. Anything mechanical should be picked up at the first couple of services... and FIXED... it is unacceptable for them to trot out that tired old line 'they all do that'.

remember it is a mass produced car & if Ford reduced the number of cars bulit per day to put a bit more tlc into producing the then the complaints would be coming that they should build them faster. Why don't you get into vehicle manufacturing & see if you can do better.
Hardly a relevant suggestion. Ford are in the business of building cars, they should get it right, and are answerable to the public that purchases them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
Fair enough but a vehicle is not a washing machine and with the demand for such vehicle's in today's term, thing's do and will go wrong I'm affraid there will never be a manufacturer that make's a vehicle to last 100 000klm and only need pad's, manufacturer's are only interested in making money and these day's cost cutting is only to familar it isn't going to get any better.
My family's Toytas, Hondas, BMWs, Mercs..... friends Holdens, Subarus ...... never skipped a beat, never needed any sort of 'extra' degree of servicing other than replacement of consumables.

Of everyone I know, only one friend has had lots of problems with his cars under warranty. The first an AU which had to be exchanged. The second, a BA.... coincidence?

·
Registered
382 Posts
XTS220 said:
Now if you guys all think that is NORMAL, :fool: then I dunno whats wrong with yas, Ford hasn't done what they strived to do with the BA! Anyone who wishes to flame me may, but get your facts straight before doing so, cause i must say ive had plenty of input from unhappy customers who feel as though they have been ripped off. :bp:
It's why I wait for at least S2 before I'll park my ass in a brand new model. We have a number of BA company cars at work that my colleagues drive around in (I prefer to use my own car, since at the time I was required to either get paid an allowance or drive a Camry... no thanks) and they've had no end of problems. The pool car is always out and a queue formed behind it because the BA's are always in the workshop. I've taken a good look over a Mercury Silver one and couldn't detect any bodgey paint work, or any interior alignment issues.

There's rumors that there either won't be an S2 or the S2 isn't all that much different to the S1. I'm afraid it doesn't fill me with that much confidence. I've owned 8 Fords over the years and the way it's going, I don't think I've got the patience to buy another one. My EF Ghia held together great until around 70k then started to self destruct. My SS is now on 80k and the only thing I've had to replace is the tyres. I want to get back into a Ford (grew up on them and the old man still gives me stick about owning a Holden) but coupled with their dealer network (who wouldn't even give me a test drive of a BA) they're making it hard to win back my love.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
SEE XTS220 now look what you've done!! I tried to worn ya!! there is no such thing as a bad BA they are the best car Ford have ever made, and everything before them was just crap, Like i've said many times before, the BA is the best Ford i've ever driven although I've only driven a GT and it was spot on, but the BA is having a bit of trouble,I think the BA2/BB will be the car the BA should have been.Ford were having problems selling the {ugly}AU and may have rushed the BA out, they seem to do this a lot :eg: EA was a bit rough EA2 was a good thing same with the EB1 so I think this is the case here. Thats my two bobs worth I hope I dont upset to many BA owners It is only my thoughts on the matter after all. cheers.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Keep in mind the Series 11 may noy hold all the answers. I bought a brand new AU Series 11 XR8 only to have the same diff problem of the Series 1, paint defects that needed respaying, door rubbers and boot liner that needed replacing - all within the first 1000 km. Certainly took the gloss off my first brand new car experience.

I think the whole success of the BA was something Ford could not cope with at the time, and as a result rushed the earlier plated cars out at a speed the company had not needed to do for several years. From all accounts, as time goes on, the problems are reducing within the production of the first series.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
No question the BA has it's fair share of faults, but bear in mind the one simple rule of life. If it's mechanical it will breakdown at some stage in it's life.
I'll put a small wager that all vehicles have their fair share of lemons come off the line too..

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
kappie said:
My family's Toytas, Hondas, BMWs, Mercs..... friends Holdens, Subarus ...... never skipped a beat, never needed any sort of 'extra' degree of servicing other than replacement of consumables.

Of everyone I know, only one friend has had lots of problems with his cars under warranty. The first an AU which had to be exchanged. The second, a BA.... coincidence?
Mate you have to be joking, So you are saying in your above statement that none of the manufacturer's have had warrenty problem's, I find this extremly hard to believe,My bro in law work's for Toyota,and I've seen and heard a few story's, my boss only buy's expensive car's like BMW,Merc's and one Monaro and I know his trouble's, I have mate's that have Subaru's and need I go on, now I'm not going to get into a huge debate here about this,you have your fact's and I have mine,but considering what the BA was set out to achieve, in my mind it has far exceeded expectation's.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got a few mates with BA's and having spent a bit of time working in a bloody busy servo over the last six months, the only complaints I've heard about BA's have been regarding the wagon (General consensus is it's a piece of sh*%e) and the boot in the sedan. The ute and sedan owners have all been pretty bloody rapped with them, with the exception of one bloke who had one on gas and preferred his AUIII.

As for Holden's being better quality...I've yet to see one in good nick over 150,000 k's whereas my EF2 was tiptop at 220,000. My brother in laws VXII is a piece of crap at only 50,000 (though the paintwork is nice) and his previous car (VS Statesman) was falling apart at 90,000. Holden's are every bit as bodgy as any Ford (with the possible exception of the Crown Victoria) - seen a decent VN or VP lately? They're in even worse nick than EA's and EB's these days.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts