Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Nice looking GT,looks mean.
Cheers John
 

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
Honestly the HSV boys will be calling the shakers rice, we dont want that do we? :nonono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
hey paul that shaker looks fantastic l have seen the shaker up close it may look like an xy shaker but it is so diffrent, looks better then the xy shaker there are some people in the forums who have no idear about cars and looks but l can tell you one thing if a standared GT drives down the road it may get a look or two but put a shaker on it and your Gt now looks like a real GT you drive down that road and every body looks at it and says wow thats tuff.
Your GT looks the part good stuff.
and as for the fella who said about the rice look he probably wants one but cant afford it [sorry fella]
 

·
SHAKEN, not stirred
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the good vibes and critique.

Some info for those of you are interested or even care.
I first spotted the shaker (sorry to the purists amonst you) on the previous posted black GTP whilst it was at at a notable Car dealer. Immediatelty I fell in love with its simplicity, style and in my view "God damn hornyness". Basically the same emotion that I felt when I decided to buy the GT in da first place.
FPV have done wonders in resurrecting the the GT name, they have carried over the higher performance motor, interior, striping (oh no purists), but the one area they didnt follow was bonnet decoration. Purists please forgive me, but I wanted to marry and have relations with the old GT and the new GT. :shag:

STOP THE CRAP PAUL AND TELL THE REAL RESON.........

I am continually bored whilst waiting at traffic lights, and needed something to rock in time with whilst waiting for the light to change.

P.S. I believed rice was ....... an addition that is purely cosmetic.
The shaker, apart from allowing cold air into the system, keeps bugs from landing on the bonnet..........honest.... I would not lie....... bugs are scared cuz the big black thing shakes at them...........
Who needs mortein, just drive the car inside the house.:rofl: :doh: :muha:

Sound from exhaust.

To be honest, I dont think that there is much difference between the duals and the quads. Very similar circumference, perhaps more restriction through the quads.................., but one thing for sure the notes sound richer when it comes from both side of the car ....IN STEREO:1speaker: :1speaker:


Its all a matter of taste, others dont have to like it, or approve


Regards All

Paul
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
if you see the shaker in the flesh, it looks the goods.
we even got to go for a ride in one keeps the plenium chamber nice and cool.
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
no i havnt Paul are they on your website ?
anyone know what the addy is
 

·
Your Village wants you...
Joined
·
35 Posts
ford shakers said:
Hey guys have you seen the colour coated shakers they look Hot and very modern suits the Ba
They do look a little better than standard, but definately not my putting any lead in my pencil! I think the car is horn without it. I like people to hear the low rumble to get attention rather than a tackie peice of plastic hanging out the bonnet.
 

·
The SB Slayer
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Paul V said:
Thanks for the good vibes and critique.

Some info for those of you are interested or even care.
I first spotted the shaker (sorry to the purists amonst you) on the previous posted black GTP whilst it was at at a notable Car dealer. Immediatelty I fell in love with its simplicity, style and in my view "God damn hornyness". Basically the same emotion that I felt when I decided to buy the GT in da first place.
FPV have done wonders in resurrecting the the GT name, they have carried over the higher performance motor, interior, striping (oh no purists), but the one area they didnt follow was bonnet decoration. Purists please forgive me, but I wanted to marry and have relations with the old GT and the new GT. :shag:

STOP THE CRAP PAUL AND TELL THE REAL RESON.........

I am continually bored whilst waiting at traffic lights, and needed something to rock in time with whilst waiting for the light to change.

P.S. I believed rice was ....... an addition that is purely cosmetic.
The shaker, apart from allowing cold air into the system, keeps bugs from landing on the bonnet..........honest.... I would not lie....... bugs are scared cuz the big black thing shakes at them...........
Who needs mortein, just drive the car inside the house.:rofl: :doh: :muha:

Sound from exhaust.

To be honest, I dont think that there is much difference between the duals and the quads. Very similar circumference, perhaps more restriction through the quads.................., but one thing for sure the notes sound richer when it comes from both side of the car ....IN STEREO:1speaker: :1speaker:


Its all a matter of taste, others dont have to like it, or approve


Regards All

Paul
Paul as long as you roll up your Roller door and your happy with what you see that's all that counts.Every-one has different tastes in things.I would find it interesting though if FORD ever put a similiar Shaker on there cars if most here would accept it more.
 

·
V8 GT pilot
Joined
·
592 Posts
Yes,

It all comes down to personal taste and personal happiness. I was chastised by many when I decided to put a shaker on the ESP. I did it anyway and never looked back. My unit is functional and it works a treat. I think it suits the car and it certainly gets the odd goggle eyed look from many people when I'm stuck in the traffic.

I love looking at it from behind the wheel shaking on idle and seeing it rip to one side when I put the boot in. It's all part and parcel about customising your own car to best suit your imagination and passion for what you drive. If it was good enough for the XY, then it sure as hell is good enough for the ESP and the new king of GT's the BA........................ENJOY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Hey sinister get the facts right its not plastic and its not tackie if you want to leave your car looking like a taxi then thats your choice,Paul V never asked for your opinion he was showing people the modifications that he has done to his car, and as for bringing back old to new, look at the new mustang looks like 65 shelby dressed up in 2004 clothes with a XY shaker that looks tuff. Paul V car looks tuff, if you ever have the privlige to rock up to a GT with a shaker dont line him up will you as he will do the seeya later dance all over your taxi and thats a fact.
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
hi paul can you post your website or send it to me in a PM..i would like to see the color coded shakers..
 

·
Your Village wants you...
Joined
·
35 Posts
ford shakers said:
Hey sinister get the facts right its not plastic and its not tackie if you want to leave your car looking like a taxi then thats your choice,Paul V never asked for your opinion he was showing people the modifications that he has done to his car, and as for bringing back old to new, look at the new mustang looks like 65 shelby dressed up in 2004 clothes with a XY shaker that looks tuff. Paul V car looks tuff, if you ever have the privlige to rock up to a GT with a shaker dont line him up will you as he will do the seeya later dance all over your taxi and thats a fact.

Mate, this is FORUM, it is where people air their views. If you don't like what I say that's fair enough. I think it's tackie. If you think the new GT is a Taxi, better make an appointment at the optomitrist. I think the marketing boys down at FPV might have a different opinion if you think their work is so ho-hum.

You're correct when you said Paul V never asked for my opinion, and if he had a problem people stating opinions, he would have never posted the pics on the FORUM

And as for having the privlidge, mate I assume it would be at an off-street drag meet. As we all know drag racing in the streets is illegal and dangerous.
And who is calling who's car a taxi mate!!!!
 

·
Club Phantom
Joined
·
284 Posts
Hey PaulV,

Car looks great, that's my second favourite colour and looks its best with the stripes.

Despite Ford Shakers blatant push, I would never go the shaker but to each his own. The dual pipes out the back look great. I heard one at the dealer last week and it definately makes them sound like they should.
 

·
SHAKEN, not stirred
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
SinisterHorze said:
They do look a little better than standard, but definately not my putting any lead in my pencil! I think the car is horn without it. I like people to hear the low rumble to get attention rather than a tackie peice of plastic hanging out the bonnet.
Whew, I am so glad its not putting lead in ya pencil. Oh yuck the thought of my car getting another bloke excited..... NO I am not homophobic before anyone takes offence, the only bloke I want to get excited over my car is ME..........:angel:

Any women however may get as excited as they wish. group hug :bsr:


Just a bit of info.
The shaker has been quite professionaly made. Its more than a piece of plastic, in fact there is no plastic at all.:wnc:
Obviously the original design has been modified to fit the lines of the BA and the intake manifold.
I congratulate the guys behind the idea because of their vision, and wish them all the success.

Here is a link to the website http://www.shaker.com.au



Matey I have the best of both worlds :hl:

They notice the shaker from the front,
and they keeep hearing it as it drives away.............

Obviously FPV spend lots of cash on R&D, styling etc. I spent some bucks to
a). give a little boost in performance
and
b). to make it stand out from the other citric acid GT's and mock ups. Seriously when there is ten citrics in a row which ones mine again.:rofl:


TO ALL

For those in support, thanks for the good vibes, and taking the time to comment.

Also thanks to the critics. The mods may not be to your liking, thats okay, it wasnt intended to excite anyone but me, however women can freely get excited.
I knew the mods would cause some emotion, but hey thats what makes life interesting, if all our cars looked the same it would make a dull old planet.

Regards

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Why dont you post the pics on the Forums so we all can see.
And by the way,your trophy is finally ready to be collected,it was there the other night at the meeting.
Cheers John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Hi John thanks for letting me know about the trophy l will ask them if they can bring it to the Holden/Ford show,
as for me posting pics on the forums l dont know how to do it.
 
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Top