Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently had new aftermarket injectors installed into my BA. Since then it has been hard to start runs rough and when it sits on 60kmh it has a profound surge. The hard start seems to happen more when the car is warm or has been sitting after running just keeps turning over and over than finally start and runs rough. The first start of the day is fine tho. I took it back to the mechanic who installed the injectors, he couldn't find anything and said I might need to go and have it plugged into a diagnostic computer. He doesn't have one as he is a retired mechanic. Has anyone come across this before? Could it be because they are aftermarket injectors and the computer doesn't recognise them?
Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
3,653 Posts
What brand are the aftermarket injectors? There are some really rubbish Chinese ones around. It does sound like one is dribbling rather than spraying fuel. Or it may not be seated properly and bleedinf air in once warm. You do need to check for codes so I suggest you buy a USB ELM 327 on ebay with a Ford switch (e.g. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELM327-USB-Modified-For-Ford-ELMconfig-latest-HS-CAN-Switch-CH340-Chip-Converted/113845790182?hash=item1a81bce5e6:g:FXcAAOSw5QZdSh2E) and use Forscan for Windows https://forscan.org/ The bluetooth and Wifi ELM327's are much slower and less reliable and the Windows version of Forscan is much comprehensive than the Smartphone versions especially for Australian cars. As an interim measure Supercheap offer a basic code reading service at very reasonable price see https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/services/in-store-services/health-check-and-diagnostics Not as good as Forscan but will give you the fault codes.

·
Super Moderator
923 Posts
What size injectors are the factory ones? Those are 42 pounders, if they flow more than factory they’ll throw off your air fuel ratio causing all sorts of issues. I don’t know anything about Austrailian Fords so if those are factory flow then disregard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,653 Posts
What size injectors are the factory ones? Those are 42 pounders, if they flow more than factory they’ll throw off your air fuel ratio causing all sorts of issues. I don’t know anything about Austrailian Fords so if those are factory flow then disregard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes; these flow more than twice the stock injectors. He need to get ones of stock spec or tune the car to the extent it can use these.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are supposed to be for my model car. I have sent an email to the seller to confirm.
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you might be right. The BA standard run at 32lb these are 42lb, so I might need to have it tuned to those if I can.
I don't know what that involves?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone who has helped with this issue. It has come down to the injectors been 42lb instead of 32lb and throwing air and fuel mixture out.

The next thing is can you tune the car to suit these injectors and what do I need to do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts