Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the BA Series II cars are out and about, i was just wondering if anyone has seen anything or heard anything about them?

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
you mean the protypes? the test cars?
the release i understand is scheduled for sept.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is there anything particular to look out for like Series II badging, or new badging, positioning of badges, lights ?
(feel like driving around Campbellfield/Fawkner for a few hours !)

Thats funny, because I asked a dealer the other day (quote for an XR6T under Ford Partner pricing) and he said that no series II is planned because the BA is selling so well.
This is obvioulsy BS, because there has ALWAYS been a series II. The longest lead time between series I and series II I think is around 2 years, which means were due for one soon !

Whats your source ?

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No comment on sources, but there should be BA II's running around for evalution puposes, ive also heard that they maybe released around June.

·
Re: Ba Series II

JamesA said:
Is there anything particular to look out for like Series II badging, or new badging, positioning of badges, lights ?
(feel like driving around Campbellfield/Fawkner for a few hours !)

Thats funny, because I asked a dealer the other day (quote for an XR6T under Ford Partner pricing) and he said that no series II is planned because the BA is selling so well.
This is obvioulsy BS, because there has ALWAYS been a series II. The longest lead time between series I and series II I think is around 2 years, which means were due for one soon !

Whats your source ?
I think he is probably lying to you so he get you to buy the car and not wait for the series 2

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
on another thread here
It seems that Ford always seem to release their new model Falcon in September, cant remember the thread , but it was going back to the ED(I think)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I keep hearing June, so perhaps a break with tradition

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was talking to one of the service technicians at the local Dealer who told me there will be no BAII - much to the dismay of many subscribers here. Only time will tell.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
XTS220 said:
No comment on sources, but there should be BA II's running around for evalution puposes, ive also heard that they maybe released around June.
I find this unlikely as the Fiesta is currently running around my area, so I would expect this has been formally released (seen adverts at the movies!) Thus I would expect the Territory to be out around mid year, and then Falcon in September/October.

Ford has learnt about launching two new vehicles at the same time with BA and Focus. Focus promotions got overflooded by BA.

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
and ford wont want the focus taken off the Territory Launch in June
That is such an important vehicle for Ford Australia
I still think September seems the most likely month

·
Registered
179 Posts
Another interesting thing the dealer told me was that a price increase is expected in February of about 1% - approx $450 on the average car.
So only 2003 and January 2004 build vehicles will be subject to existing pricing.
Has anyone else heard about this ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
After waiting for news on when a Series 11 might be released I went out and bought my BA XR8 yesterday. After talking to several dealerships no one could confirm if/when a Series 11 was coming. In support of Luke's comments one dealer actually suggested with the success of the BA the release of additional Series is not that likely - yes time will tell.

In the end the deal I got was to good to leave regardless of when the Series 11 is coming. Eagerness to rid themselves of 2003 plated cars suggests a price rise might be soon.

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
the local sales manager, as well as the dealer principals of my local Ford dealer are not just someone i deal with, but we are also friends. They have always told me that i know more things than them, about new models and releases, after reading Wheels , Motor, etc, because Ford never let them know what is happening to the last minute.
So with that in mind, I wouldnt find it unusual for a saleman etc not to have any knowledge of impending new models

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quite true TS50 - this aspect was actually discussed yesterday with the Sales Manager.

Has the release of Series 11 been mentioned in Wheels, Motor yet?

Mind you whilst not personal friends like yourself, just between myself and father/father in law in 3 years we have purchased 2 AU XR8s, 1 BA GT and I BA XR through this one dealer (this excludes business purchases) - we get treated like friends and also good repeat business customers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Falcon Awesome said:
Quite true TS50 - this aspect was actually discussed yesterday with the Sales Manager.

Has the release of Series 11 been mentioned in Wheels, Motor yet?

Mind you whilst not personal friends like yourself, just between myself and father/father in law in 3 years we have purchased 2 AU XR8s, 1 BA GT and I BA XR through this one dealer (this excludes business purchases) - we get treated like friends and also good repeat business customers.
As I am currently 'looking around' do you mind me asking which dealer ? (are you in Vic ?)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry JamesA I'm up here in Sydney.

All our purchases have been through Peter Warren - pick it up tomorrow afternoon at this stage.

·
Registered
695 Posts
No series II means better resale value for series I :eek:) *not that I'm thinking of selling*

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nah, refuse to believe there wont be a series II.

Even the EF, which always sold in superior number to its main competitor (the VS Commodore) had a series II. There hasn't been a model in the 90's where a series II has not been released.

Generally, Series II are released to revitalise a model in the eyes of the public and get sales momentum up and going after it has sagged for a while. Basically a market stimulation method...

I recon BA sales will begin to slide as June/July comes, so I can see a BAII in Sept 2004, maybe even earlier ....

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
I can see the BA 2 range released just prior to Territory release so the whole range will have the updated features (new auto?) before Territory.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Or in the case of the AU to totally stimulate sales - there was little to revitalise.

The BA series 11 may be needed to combat the release of Holden's new engine whenever that is due for release. But I haven't really heard exactly what the BA Series 11 will deliver - will it just be a small kw increase in the engine with premium sound as standard and different wheels as was the case with the AU?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts