Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to remove the sump in a BA falcon, mine is apparently Porus, and is leaking oil on my garage floor.

Do they have to pull the motor out, or is there an easier way.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
The SRT allows for 5 hours so I would think 8 is a little excessive.

Cheers
Russ

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer did mine in 3 hours last night with 3 blokes on the job. The problem was that the car was given to them on Thursday morning to have this problem fixed, but the buggers forgot about it, and i happened to drive past and see it outside the workshop on Friday at lunch time. I was originally told that it would take 8 to 10 hours to complete the job, and when I had called yesturday at 1, the car had not been started work on, when they said it ws ready at 5 i was a bit worried that they might have rushed the job and not completed it properly.

But since there were 3 guys working on it, i guess it should be ok.

Hope so neways.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the sump changed on BA6 cyl. I was also told that the way to do this was to drop the X-member, but later I had the feeling that it was actually necessary to take engine out( sump was porous like yours). I was really pissed as I hated the thought that all of the connections to the engine systems would be disturbed, and that there would be all sorts of problems. Happy to report that I have since driven Adel to Brisbane without any problems at all, so dealer work was excellent--don't worry.

·
Warning: Constant drifter
112 Posts
i work for Range Ford Welshpool.. we would do it in under an hour. its a very easy job.. we have to drop the crossmembers when stopping powersteeling click anyway..

bring it down to us..

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its been fixed till next week.

Hahahahaha. Im so over some of the shit this dealer gives me.

Apparently a sump guard would HELP!!!!!

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahah yeh its just like how they tried to sell me a Windshield for the drivers side door coz there was a noise coming from the rubbers. After 4 months of fighting they eventually replaced the rubbers!!!

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh yeh, we even got them to take it for a drive with the windows TAPED up around the edges!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts