Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time for a new work ute , any owner driver input much aprecciated. had enough of back breaking 4x4 utes ... thanks...gregff.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
For a work ute go the XLS, it's got better load capacity & you can get 1 tonne if you want it. Also V8s sound better! Perhaps the RTV if you want it a bit higher like the fourbies you are used to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if its work that its for you can carry more in an xls. the xr6 is only rated for 560kgs in the back and the xls has more ground clearance there is nothing in it for fuel economy and i reacon the xls v8 will hold up pretty well in the resale stakes as well. you also get the stronger running gear and the beautiful tremec box as well

·
BOSS 260
653 Posts
my brother is gettin a cab chassis xls 5.4 manual soon.
is there anything we should know about these ?
like as in gearbox problems etc, and also is LSD standard on the xls v8 ?
cheers guyz,

·
If all else fails-GAS IT!
114 Posts
gregff said:
time for a new work ute , any owner driver input much aprecciated. had enough of back breaking 4x4 utes ... thanks...gregff.
I have the v8 XLS. I have done 24000 ks now and except for brake shudder she has been superb. The motor is excellent in every way except noise - far to quiet. I have the herrods 3 in big bore from cats back as well as the ss cold air intake but still not enough noise, dont get me wrong Im not after a loud car, just want to know i'm driving a v8.

Good luck

Red

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Mr_GT said:
my brother is gettin a cab chassis xls 5.4 manual soon.
is there anything we should know about these ?
like as in gearbox problems etc, and also is LSD standard on the xls v8 ?
cheers guyz,
Bryan, lsd isn't standard on the XLS V8.
The only issue is one of the common ones with BA, which is brake shudder. Altough it appears there has been a fix for it now.

I drive a BA v8 XT and the engine is a great unit. I also have a 3inch exhaust, as well as K & N panel filter which in my opinion is loud enough and sounds like a well tuned v8.

·
Registered
256 Posts
A lsd diff is mandatory with the 220 kw motor and A/C is not standard either. So if you were to spec a XLS ute with 17's,side skirts and A/C you go close to a XR8 ute price and get 40 kw extra fom the XR. Just my 2 cents worth.
Cheers TS 50

·
Registered
139 Posts
Its cheaper just to buy the XL and order it with the 5.4 L V8, you get the alloys for free (same as XLS) then you only have to option aircon and cruise and its an XLS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts