Ford Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
hi bloodnut thanks for your detailed info, what did you use to connect amp to head unit. i am not useing a subbie i am thinking some good splits a have the premuim sound so i can put tweeters above dash in allocated area do you think 7 x 10s will fit, without cutting metal...once again thx for the good info..

·
If all else fails-GAS IT!
114 Posts
XRFPV8,

You connect the amp via the rear speaker wires from the head unit, this is why you need an amp with "line level inputs", As ford dont supply pre-outs from the head unit.

Good quality splits work well and produce solid base. Get the best quality you can afford though.

7x10's for the doors or at the rear?

You will struggle to get 7x10's in the doors but shouldnt be to difficult in the rear, you will only have to cut the plate not the actual body I think.

Cheers
Red

·
6,021 Posts
hi bloodnut, started on the sound today bought a pair of precision power (ppi) 6.5'' 2 way splits.now i am looking at the phoenix gold 6x9 tantrum series, the amp will be a audison srx-4 or a phoenix gold octane r 8.0:4 not sure wich one yet, was told i need very high quality line converters other wise to much noise thru amp does $150 for two of these sound right..
thx..

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
sounds good XRFPV8, very nice:) Im keen on bloodnuts answer on that price too, i didnt think it would be that much.

Please post pics when you install if you can too mate.

Matt

·
6,021 Posts

·
114 Posts
Yes the shop is right XRFPV8,

If u run full range (ie not subs) from an amp you will get an annoying hum that is there even when the amp is turned off, and I have read in old threads from guys who say the "high Quality line converters "do little to help.

Basically u need to re-arrange all of the factory wiring loom to keep it away from your stereo wiring.

If you do a search u will find a thread somewhere 6 odd months ago were a guy had found a shop that knew all about it, good luck and let us now the results.

cheers
Red

·
6,021 Posts
ok waiting for my rear speakers to come in hope to have it done next friday...my unichip will have to wait longer, now i have started getting into this...

·
6,021 Posts
got the stereo installed today i went with the precision power (ppi) 6.5'' 2 way splits. phoenix gold 6x9 tantrum series, amp is a phoenix gold octane r 8.0:4 , 2 high quality line level inputs. has very little niose thru speakers thx to line level inputs, they say if you dont use the quality inputs you will get loud engine niose thru your speakers..
the guys at DBFEVER in Melbourne do very nice work i seen some of there work, tv screens in the sunvisors installed there, ps2 aswell, looks like a top job..
there website is
www.webaudiodirect.com

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So, how does it sound with the volume up?

Also, are your fronts (splits) amped?

cheers,
Matt

·
6,021 Posts
hi r00na, splits are amped, its 4 channel amp. you can turn it up a long way before you get distortion, need i small subbie with some music i want i bit more bass..

thx

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks mate, i was really hoping to have my fronts amped so im happy you have had good results.

All the best and thanks for the updates :)

Matt

·
114 Posts
Are u sure you have no hum, or buzz that goes up & down with the rev's.

Everyone else who has amped there full range speakers has suffered this even with high quality line level converters?

cheers
Red

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
[QOUTE]has very little niose thru speakers thx to line level inputs, they say if you dont use the quality inputs you will get loud engine niose thru your speakers..
[/QUOTE]

Red, Judging by that, i would say there is a bit of noise but not too bad, im going to amp mine and see if the "slight" noise can be removed by using one of those alternator suppressors or whatever they are.

cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
194 Posts
bloodnut said:
XRFPV8,

You connect the amp via the rear speaker wires from the head unit, this is why you need an amp with "line level inputs", As ford dont supply pre-outs from the head unit.

Cheers
Red

All amps have line level inputs for pre-outs! You mean "high level inputs" from speaker outputs. Don't get confused or parts of your sound system may go BANG!

Also try Jaycar for amps & speakers Very good Quality and have had very good reviews (also have true Hi-Fi power ratings) eg their 4x50wrms amp equal to any one else's 4x200w
Speakers also have true power ratings, real crossovers (not just a cap on the tweeter) and also have info on speaker box design & speaker porting for bass reflex boxes.

Have used them my self in the past (both at home & car) and are equal to anything twice the price or more!!!!!!

·
6,021 Posts
bloodnut said:
Are u sure you have no hum, or buzz that goes up & down with the rev's.

Everyone else who has amped there full range speakers has suffered this even with high quality line level converters?

cheers
Red
hi bloodnut the guys at DB FEVER said i would have some buzz with the revs but they say dont just rely on the amp line imputs, because if i do i will be complaining about humming.. he said pay extra for high quality line level inputs cost $150 and i can tell you not 1 person has noticed or heard any buzz or humm even when car is reving its very minimal you realy have to listin for it, and my tenage kids are listening all the time they love it....

thx............

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear speaker locations

Hi guys,
I've just bought an '06 BF ute and im looking to upgrade the sound system.
I have found some nice 110w rms speakers and amps i want to put in all round, but the ute doesn't seem to have factory speakers in the rear.
I've been looking all over the internet for days to find if there is already mounts behind the panels or not. I dont really want to pull all the panels off just to find there is nothing there and have to make my own mounts as i am trying to eliminate as many noises as possible.

If anyone can help me out that would be great!!
Thanks,
Tyson.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts