Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 4/03 BA XR8 ute, manual with performance brakes and 18s with 245/40s all round in citric acid. 14000kms

Noticed a few oil drops on the garage floor. At the next service ford acknowledged a leaky timing case cover, and fixed it under warranty. It took two days and they had to dismantle a fair bit of the engine to get to it.

Two weeks later just noticed it is doing it again!!! pissed off or what!!

Its a great car and it hammers but pretty disappointing. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Yeah take it straight back to your dealer or the dealer who susposedly fixed it,look's like they didn't do the right job.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
superbird302 said:
Ive got a 4/03 BA XR8 ute, manual with performance brakes and 18s with 245/40s all round in citric acid. 14000kms

Noticed a few oil drops on the garage floor. At the next service ford acknowledged a leaky timing case cover, and fixed it under warranty. It took two days and they had to dismantle a fair bit of the engine to get to it.

Two weeks later just noticed it is doing it again!!! pissed off or what!!

Its a great car and it hammers but pretty disappointing. Anyone else had this problem?
Hey on the brakes side of things, i ordered performance brakes on my ute expecting to get the blue calipers in all the pics but the fronts are black and the backs are standard looking.
Is this right?
I mean it stops alright, and it's got grooved discs front and rear but i was wondering if it was supposed to have FPV rear calipers on it?

·
Well now its a Boss Sedan
19 Posts
My XR8 dropped a load of oil on the garage floor after 300k. Turned out to be the rear main seal. The lip had been rolled on the shaft during manufacture, could be worth a check.

·
BA XR8 - yeehaaaaaa!!!
72 Posts
flavze said:
Hey on the brakes side of things, i ordered performance brakes on my ute expecting to get the blue calipers in all the pics but the fronts are black and the backs are standard looking.
Is this right?
I mean it stops alright, and it's got grooved discs front and rear but i was wondering if it was supposed to have FPV rear calipers on it?
Flavze,
Black is correct colour for (front) performance brakes on an XR. You only get blue (or red for the Brembos) on the FPV range of vehicles. Back calipers aren't marked/colour coded, they just have the grooved rotors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts