Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At summernats spoke to Ming Automotive, who had the APS XR6 Turbo phase 4 ute on their stand.

Their XR8 package has

- Unichip
- H&M Cat Back dual system with twin outlets (said headers only produced a very small gain)
- cold air

for about $3300 fitted and tuned. takes power to 300kw at motor. what do you guys think of this kit and what 400m and 1/4 mile times would it produce. I have a citric acid BA XR8 ute, manual with hard cover, premium brakes and 18's with 245s all round.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure did. ming is a pretty reputable workshop hear in ACT. a year ago they did some similar work on a mates VX SS ute, and the increase in power on the road was awesome.

the dual exhaust on the BAXR8 sounds awesome too.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Stage 4 XR6T!!!
What power was it putting out? They had 375kw's at stage 3!

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
if they are saying Headers are only making a small gain, that leaves alot of KWs left for a chip and air intake to make 40kw...i havn't seen this package on the APS web site...
thx

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
hmm looking at the APS website i see they have figures of 500 odd HP at the wheels for the stage 4 kit! Rather impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just finished reading the new MOTOR. And dam me if that super charged XR8 doesn't seem to be the shit an extra 140kw for 7 grand? This must be too good to be true right I mean if you get this done does ford just rip up your warranty?
Plus has any one done this mod?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I imagine you could kiss your warranty goodbye.....
Plus 7 grand aint gunna buy you much,, it will be stage 1, no intercooler, and not much else..

I am of the believe that a good setup will not give much change out of 20 grand....

Just my .02 cents

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Yep thats how much less the XR was over the Monaro...$20k..They still depreciate too !!

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
daves8 said:
I imagine you could kiss your warranty goodbye.....
Plus 7 grand aint gunna buy you much,, it will be stage 1, no intercooler, and not much else..

I am of the believe that a good setup will not give much change out of 20 grand....

Just my .02 cents
I dunno how ya can say 400kw's for 7 grand aint much!!
7g's gets you the kit wich includes the blower and all the necesary bits to fit it, i believe to have it fitted and tuned costs you about $1000 bucks on top of that.
The XR8 in the story had a cats back zorst so whatever that costs as well, but i think the intercooler costs about $2000 plus a bit to fit an tune again which then gives you around 500kw's.
I guess a clutch upgrade wouldn't be a bad thing but i doubt that it would cost 10 grand, so i dunno how ya got the figure of 20grand for a "good" setup.
Cheers.....Nath

1 - 12 of 12 Posts