Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 302 EFI and its backfiring at low revs only when its cold though has anyone had this sort of problem? Above approx. 2000 rpm it runs fine its just in the low rev range.

·
black xr8
46 Posts
my car wasnt exactly backfiring but it was missfiring pretty bad and pig rooting at around those revs it also had a big flat spot in 1st and 2nd gear and it turned out to be o2 sensors. dont know if there is a specific test for them but i had my car dynod and that is what they came up with pretty cheap in the end at $100 per side

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
As above and check that maf is both clean and working..Make sure your leads and plugs are in good condition..Check fuel pressure and replace fuel filter if unsure when last changed,same with air filter...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe Bennica managed to fix it this morning apparently the plug gap needed to be altered to about 60 thou. His a genius with EFI specifically AUTRONIC.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
What was the gap before ??

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I thought 50 thou but I have to run 35 due to being f/induction the extra air / fuel blows the spark out..Then it backfires.. Opposite to your situ ????

You sure they warn't too wide and clossed alittle???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts