Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved the following email just today. This is definitely not a good thing!

------------
Subject: Refund for FordForums
Note: Sorry, but I am refunding the monies recieved from folks on this forum since there was not much of a turn out for this. We only made $60 from the donations and a bunch of complaints about the fact we put the button up to begin with.

Since I can no longer float the bill and am already out $22,000 for bandwidth with out any help on this I am forced to close the doors. I appologize that this has had to happen but I can no longer stay afloat. The forums will be up until the end of the month and after that I will be closing doors. Thanks for the response in the donation. It was appreciated very much.

John Oliver

Owner: FordForums.com
--------------

This is terrible! I understand the forum owners predicament but WTF are we going to do????????

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
NOO

$HIT! We all had such a good thing going! That's unfortunate that he's 22k in the hole. I thought the 50 I was gonna donate would help......Brian, we gotta put our heads together real quick man. We gotta come up with a new forum. To the top dogs at Ford Forums....I'm sorry things ended up that way. Thanks very much though for the services.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot for all your services fordforums, its a shame though it has to end like this. and to all of our fellow tempo topaz members, its not the end, this is just the beggining.

·
Tempo- Rich and Meaty
41 Posts
That really sucks, for everyone. If I knew that they were $22k deep I would have donated right away. This is a way cool site and it's really sad that it has to go.

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Closing down

Olympic, are you sure that email is true? I've roamed around FordForums and the only hint I saw was that "the forum is running in red". If it is going to close down, I'm curious as to why they haven't made mention of it on the forum. This is a badass forum, I hope it is just someone that emailed you that to make an empty threat that it is closing down. What do you think man? Is it really true?

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
I have mentioned it to people on here several times and the response I have gotten back is as follows...

1. Why should I pay for something that I can get for free elsewhere.

2. What do you have to offer that is worth paying.

3. I can do this myself so why should I donate for you to do it.

the go on and on.

That is all that I have seen

I do appreciate the fact that there were those that did donate. I did refund the money to those that did. So that there are NO hard feelings. So that you dont think that i took you for money and left.

If there is a way to keep it up I will do it. If I can not then I have to shut the doors.

LunaticSS

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, we all love this forum, its been the best thing in our young exsistence. you are like a god for us tempo owners. dont let people tell u otherwise. look at everyone your forums bring together. its really a great thing.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOWAY

WE WILL NEVER BAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for keepin this up.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
well I see that you guys are gonna start your own forum now :(

Mind you I am happy that you can and that you will, but it is a little disheartening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts