Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Mr Baron Samedi Man
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People I have some bad news
after coming home from work i found out from my mum as i walked in the door and my dad + grandparents

tonight Alex and worker on his farm were involved in an Accident in my car
(testing it out after doing some work on it for me)
swerving to advoid some F**khead driving on the wrong side of the road
and hit a tree caused a bushfire so im sure my car is gone
I dont know the full story yet apart form them being in hospital Alex with a shattered leg i believe
this only happened 500m away from his property and im sure the wanker in the other car id love to smash didnt stop either

My condolences to the guys familys involved

Simon

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Ouch - I hope they have a swift and full recovery.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
damn.. thats a frickin shame, that. hope they recoup soon.

yeh sim let us know how they're doin. i'm sure we'd all like to know.

give em a hoy from all us at the forum here.

·
Mr Baron Samedi Man
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do thanks fellas

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
wish him luck from all of us

·
XE Wagon owner
2,125 Posts
Hope he recovers quickly ........ Let him know our thoughts are with both of them & their families

:fairy

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Best of luck to all involved, hope all parties come out of it fine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah , dido to all the other responses. Hopefully they are ok and they catch the driver.
Sorry to hear about the car mate , tough luck after getting it fixed. What hospital are they in? Let us know if there's anything we can do.

·
Mr Baron Samedi Man
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Royal Perth I believe
I havent seen my car yet im sure irrepairable but thats not really that important can always get another car
least the guys pulled through I hope they can remember the number plate of the other car somehow

·
R.I.P S/C EBII Fairmont
305 Posts
As the others have said, please let us know how they are going. Alex is a great bloke who helps out plenty of us guys in W.A., not to mention the help and advice he's given people on here. Hope they both recover fully, and hopefully something can be done about your car.

·
3FB's Peter Pan!!!
777 Posts
Yeah thats a shocker mate....hope they recover well soon. Sorry about the car as well :(

·
Banned
599 Posts
Well guys I was there.
Was on the farm about 1km away saw smoke and thought the house was on fire over the tree line, as we drove up the driveway noticed it was further onto the road, so me and Graham - Alex's brother, went down the road and noticed a car had crashed, rocked up and it Alex was lying on the road, with his Dad who had been called by Jarrod the passenger. Alex had been thrown from the, and was very lucky that happened, because the driver side leg area had completely caved in, and Alex would have been trapped and most likely have died from the Fire.
We attempted to splint his leg, that failed as we had nothing to splint with, so we used his other leg has a splint sorta thing and lifted him into the back of the Explorer and took him to hospital.
Lastest news i have is he almost had a Compound Break in his Fibia (Which if you dont know if it did compound break in his Fibia bone, the biggest artery in the body would be pierced and he could have bleed to death in less then 5minutes). It broke in several places in the lower legs, and will require pins in his leg to heal.
Jarrod the passenger walked away with cuts and scratches and was very shaken up, But alright.

Anyways, Alex is undergoing surgery as we speak, at Royal Perth, and although he would love you guyys visiting him, it might actually be better until say towards the end of the week - such as Friday until you do.

From what Alex said, he went over the crest of a hill on the road, saw a Skyline driving on the wrong side of the road, and naturally as anyone would react he slammed on the brakes and swerved to miss the Skyline, unfortunately the road in which it occured wasnt wide enough to accomodate 2 way traffic and Alex come out second best, due to various Government officials deciding to focus on speed cameras, not actual road quality, but lets not blame anyone, except the guy in the Skyline.
The is a brake mark from where the Skyline swerved also, and it is clear he was on the wrong side of the road. Naturally though, in life its always the reckless, unworthy, incompetant, deficiant individuals that come out better then the honest, competant people (eg: Alex). To top it off, the guy in the Skyline would have to have seen the crash, but typically they didnt stick around, not even to see if Alex was alright or to get anyone out the fire. You know what they say, 'what goes around comes around', so God have mercy on the Skyline driver's soul - actually...dont bother!

Anyways, Alex should recover in a matter of time, and be back at it no doubt!

Matt
WA E-series Rep

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
grrrrrr, there's nothing I hate more than people who bugger off after an accident.

Even if you are clearly at fault and breaking the law, think of the other people, you have no idea how injured they may be!

·
2.77 is a tall ratio :S
336 Posts
Man that is horrible!!!

Lets hope that he recovers quickly.

·
Banned
232 Posts
I'm his brother, didn't see the crash but matt pretty much said it all.

He's just out of operation, on a morphine drip at the moment

The car was hit on the front of the drivers door. the door popped open, Alex was thrown out and landed a few meters away. He went out as the dash came in, he broke his leg on the way out.

He wasn't wearing a seatbelt, if he had been, he'd be dead right now. He'd have been trapped in there by the dash when the car exploded.

Simon, man I am so sorry about your car. It is totaly gone, the only salvagable bits are maybe the gearbox and diff but they will need to be rebuilt. The fire was so hot the mags caught fire and burned up, even the extractors melted. there's nothing left.

The main thing is alex is still alive, but damn I feel bad about your car.

·
2.77 is a tall ratio :S
336 Posts
He didnt cause the accident, and a car is nothing just a material possesion compared to a human life. Don't feel bad about the car at all.

Make sure you tell him the whole e-series forums sends him the best luck in recovering.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
So sorry to hear. It makes it worse that it maybe could have been prevented if the other driver wasn't in the wrong. And to top it off, they didn't stop. My best wishes to Alex.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts