Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed out on a bargain, in the Trading Post there was advertised a NA Fairlane Ghia 5.0, cruise, steer, air, fast glass all the fruit for $4990. It was at a car yard in Sydney that specalises in cheapies. I went up expecting it to be a total piece of s***. I was pleasantly surprised. Only obvious faults I could see was some damage to the RHR door and wheel arch and the clear coat was flaking off the alloys. Would have been a good buy, unfortunately it was sold by the time I got there.:(
I also was eyeing off an EF XR6 at a different yard (Dale Ford) for $14990, downside was it had 285000km and heaps of little dings and marks all over it. It looked like it had been detailed by the a blind man, there was that much polish/buffing compound on it that you could of scraped it all off and resold it for a quick profit. It also had Fairmont alloys, not the XR ones. It looked good from a distance but up close it was a dog.
I used approx $28 of juice from Canberra to Sydney. When I filled up before the return journey I decided to splurge and use the BP PULP (Synergy?). It didn't seem to make any noticeable difference in power (stock 6, didn't really expect any) but economy seemed better. I haven't filled it up again yet but going by the gague it was just under the 3/4 mark in Sydney and just over on return to Canberra.

·
How bloody Hot is it ??!!
264 Posts
I just finished doing a Sydney Canberra return run on the weekend. I also used a tank of BP Ultimate. (It only costs 85.9 in Canterbury...) i found the difference between cruising at 110 and 120 makes a fair bit of difference. It took most of a tank to do the return trip at 120km/hr whereas last long weekend when i went down there at 110km/hr, i barely used 3/4 tank..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts