Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just a thought, but if we do meet in Penrith on Sunday (17-6-01), for the run to Bathurst, there are two brilliant pieces of public road just outside Penrith that run up and down the escarpment of the Blue Mountains. They are both good quality unbroken bitumen. One is a tight, twisting, uphill, two way 2km section, (it's called Old Bathurst Rd). The other is a little known one-way 2km squirt down hill on a brilliant bit of road called Mitchell's pass. Both roads are made in heaven for sweet handling Tickford vehicles.

Salada

Jimbaddy

·
Australian EF1 XR8 Member
38 Posts
Oh yeah BABY!!!!!! Mitchell's Pass rocks!!!

I'm actually from Glenbrook. I have been doing the "mitchell's challenge" ever since i got my licence. I reckon it's the quickest most exciting trip down the mountain to Emu Plains. It's quite a trip down a narrow, one-way road. With a rock wall on one side and a cliff on the other, there isn't much room for mistakes. I have seen a few of my mates cars come to grief down there. None of them had the awesome handling of our Tickford vehicles.

It's always amusing to go down there at night to find a bunch of cars lined up across the bridge waiting for a gap so they can have a decent run.

Definately not one for the faint-hearted. Also plenty of practice always helps.
Watch out for foxes and wallabies as well.

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day Timbo,

I live at Mt Riverview, and my business is in Penrith. We'll have to hook up sometime and say G'day.

·
Australian EF1 XR8 Member
38 Posts
Yeah, I'd be up for that. Send us an email with your details and i'll give you a call soon. My email address [email protected]

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aye Guys,

Me from the mountains as well, hazelbrook. I'm very familiar going up and down old bathurst road adn mitchell's pass, though must admit i can't be too ambitious goin through old bathurst road, not with use springs anyway. Still give it blast thru there though. Mitchell's is ok though, more of a flwoing corner than old bathurst. Yeah we should go the run there before heading up.

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy,

How many people are planning to make the run to Bathurst on 17th June?

regards

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
gday guys,
Its been a while,but I've been quite busy doing other stuff.
Any how I'm pretty confident that i will be able to make on the Bathurst run,(YEPPEE)
Are there any details of where to muster and what time on the Sunday 17/6/01.
I'd love to go down to the gmc but I have to do that dirty 4 letter word,(WORK)!!!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah count me in, i'll be there, can't wait :).

Gary.

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Howdy people,

I've spoken to Jeff, and corresponded with Simon, and suggested meeting at my workshop in Penrith. I'm happy to put on coffee and bikkies for the travellers, (and any one who might be a tad hungover). There is plenty of parking in front of the workshop and a large open carpark in front of that. Perfect for a photo opportunity of the cruise group. There are also a couple of interesting roads to traverse on the way out of Penrith, (see above). I don't know who's call it is but maybe it will be decided at next Tuesday's club meeting.

Salada

Jim

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Anyone from Newcastle/Central Coast going??
If so, what about a meeting place???

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Simon,
Whats going on with the Bathurst run THIS SUNDAY??!!.Are we meeting at Penrith?What about meeting at the big servo on the M4,then going to the HydroMajestic (1st stop)
and then on to Bathurst for lunch.
Cheers

M

·
0 Posts
Ok the plan is to meet at 160 Station St, Penrith at around 9:30am. Jim has graciously offered his garage as a meeting place, and will also have coffee on the go for those in need of a fix. The plan will be to leave there by about 9:45 or 10am.

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
If you don't mind a new Guy comming along I'm in. And I'm comming from Newcastle..
Hope to catch up with all of you.

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Howdy all,

Wherever you're coming from you're all welcome, (as long as you're driving a Ford), but please try to be at the workshop "Penrith Ultra Service" by 9.30 am at the latest. I will have the workshop open and the urn going, from 8.30 am onwards. That will give everyone a chance to have a break and a coffee/tea and take photo's if desired, before we head off to tackle Old Bathurst Rd, and then back down Mitchell's pass, before hitting the highway to Bathurst.
To make things easy for those coming from out of town, if you can find the intersection of Ransley St and Station St Penrith, in your street directory, then you are 50 metres from our driveway. I will have a large mobile sign at the top of the driveway that says "Ultra Service, Tickford Owners Club". See you all then.

Salada

Jimbaddy

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Newcastle Guys

Meeting at F3 Sth Bound Caltex
at 6.30am in car pk outside food hall

Any probs call 0403 475735
Cheers
Rob

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
I would love to come along, since I haven't been on a drive for a while.
BUt i have the evil task of wokring
:eek:((

maybe next time.

Will

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Guys, Im coming from Orange (Bathurst 30mins away), what time are you meeting in/at Bathurst and where, and whats the cost and program for the day/afternoon?...sorry if these have all been asked and answered before....

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Dont think there are any set times mate
I f u like you can call me on 0403 475735 on the day and i will let you know about what time we will be in Bathurst

Rob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts