Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh well it seems that i haven't seen the thread about the club run today, so i'll start one...
Basically it was a really top day, basically everything went as per planned minus the run down Michell's pass, i think time factor played there.
The drive for everyone had abit of tyre smokin high speed, fast cornering fun. Which equals blooody awesome day, should do more of these trips. :D :D :D
Anyways meet a few ford forum people which added to the real cool factor. Here are teh peoples i met:

Nipper,
Yeah bloody fast car you got there, i reckon you got the quickest 6 on the trip, struggled to keep up on the part just after old bathurst road when we hit the highway. Let us know how you go with your new wheels.

XLR8,
Yeah bloody nice car, best colour for AU XR IMO. Hope the brakes stood up on that run. How are the brakes now???

Venom S,
Pitty you couldn't make it, hows the EA S goin, sorted it???

Donut King,
Mate finally meet one of the power members of ford forum.
Good to seeya buddy, hope our turn out cheered your day. Add abit of spice to the dorm life. Oh yeah finally saw your XF. Like i said a person at work told me those XF's with factory 5 speeds go real hard, just need to do it up abit. Take care of your beast mate.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Yeah it was a good day, glad to see the previous cold weather/rain didn't materialise :D

Will probably see those of you that don't go to melbourne @ bathurst in October ;)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
And official shots of the day ... *sniff* .. wish I was down south to participate in these things..

http://www.nswxrclub.org.au/runs/2001-06.html

Enjoy the shots guys! Hopefully I'll be able to get them in a bit higer res...

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
it looks like you guys had lots of fun... whens the next cruise?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Where are the burnout pics? ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Heh look the good old XF even made it into the shots :rolleyes:
You got a Tickford sticker on the rear window or something??.. :rolleyes: ;) Looks like a good turnout for the day. Nice looking TE there too.. :cool:

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
It was a great day, I know the Newy Guys enjoyed it, cant believed how tired iwas, but it didnt stop us having a blast all the way home!!

EF_Guy & DK, good to see you guys turn up and i hope you can get to more runs.

Some very nice cars.......loved that TS50

EB_5lt keep checking website for more details of cruise etc....

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice piccies there, good to see my baby is in alot of them :D :D :D .

Especially the cornering ability shot down mt panorama :p :p

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I remember the good old days when all the car clubs used to do the Muscle Car Run to Bathurst on the weekend before the big race. It was a great atmosphere - until the cops ruined it by blocking off all the parking areas and picnic sites (ignoring the right of citizens to use public facilities).

The HSV club used to have a King of the Mountain Cannonball award (unofficially). First from the starting point in Sydney to McPhillamy park wins. It took me a few years but I got it! CRAZY!!!!!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Muscle car run, sounds good, hmmm vibes tell if there ws such a run i can't go :( :( :(

Yeah must admit since i had to wakeup 5:30am today i'm abit
tired i slept on the train missed redfern stop, got of at central. So me is still abit tired :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Venom S,
Pitty you couldn't make it, hows the EA S goin, sorted it???
*@#$^% *%$&^@#$%!!!!!!!

Here I am, trying to pull the double sided tape from the front
passenger door after pulling off the broken weathershield - wishing I had stuck with the group up the mountain instead! Ahh well, was good to meet some of the FF guys and some XR club guys, even if I only went as far as the line-up out of the Ultra
Service carpark!

The EA still has some work to go, going to have to put more effort than I thought into it as peeling off that double-sided weathershield tape also took paintwork with it.

Was surprised to see my beast make the photos (front of queue, bathurst3.jpg) though after seeing the others guys black AUII XR6 (VCT, also had the nice leather trm, but no sunroof/premium sound) I'm definitely sourcing that body kit!! Makes it look that much better... especially in black.

There was a mention of a mesh piece with Ford stamped in the middle that was placed just behind the AUII front spoiler to cover the various hoses, etc - anyone know who makes this, and where it can be sourced?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Looks like a good turn out and some great shots too. Good to here that a good time was had buy all. Club runs and functions are a great way to have fun with like minded people. Tickford are trying to construct a national register of Xr owners, so things are only going from strength to strength.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts