Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prodrive is going to help ALL the Ford teams to kick [email protected]'s ass at Bathurst.
It was originally supposed to be only for FTR but Prodrive agreed to help all the teams.
Prodrive has also revealed that they are going to help all the Ford teams with their cars throughout 2002.
And expect a new paint scheme for the Pirtek Falcon at Bathurst.
( about bloody time :nuts: )

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
What makes you think that the Pirtec Ford will have a new paint job????!!!!;)

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Marcos Ambrose is a member on Conrod.com.au (Devil Racer) and he mentioned that SBR have made a computer generated design of the new paint scheme for Bathurst.
Don't forget that SBR changed the paint scheme of the Caltex Falcon for Bathurst last year as well.:p

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
What makes you think Prodrive know's anything more about V8Supercar racing than the current Ford teams already know? I hope it is a compeditive race this year, but I doubt Prodrive will be a magic bullet for the Ford crews. BTW - some of them seem to be doing pretty well on their own.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
gms00 said:
Well, Marcos Ambrose is a member on Conrod.com.au (Devil Racer) and he mentioned that SBR have made a computer generated design of the new paint scheme for Bathurst.
Don't forget that SBR changed the paint scheme of the Caltex Falcon for Bathurst last year as well.:p
Stick dat tounge back in before I yank it off!!!:D
Nah, good point.
I hope they do...
:cool: :cool: :cool:

T

·
0 Posts
Hobbes said:
What makes you think Prodrive know's anything more about V8Supercar racing than the current Ford teams already know? I hope it is a compeditive race this year, but I doubt Prodrive will be a magic bullet for the Ford crews. BTW - some of them seem to be doing pretty well on their own.
I agree, I cant see DJR needing any help from prodrive. Glen Seton needs all the help he can get, why he bothers racing is beyond me. The guy has lost the plot. John Bowe needs to think about retiring as well, or get another car.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
You have to wonder what Ford are thinking when things like this happen. According to a newspaper report David Richards expressed dismay at why the naming right Tickford team was performing so poorly. Now you have to wonder what the hell is going on.

Marsden you have got this wrong

T

·
0 Posts
was'nt there a rumour about howard running or getting a Holden team together.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
I don't know about that one. Howard is as blue as they come!

I know it is a waste of time asking someone at Ford to explain what the hell is going on because I have tried and been ignored.

I will just maintain that Avesco are slowly bleeding the sport dry and from an outsiders point of view the Tickford name is being undersupported by Ford in preference to drivers names

T

·
0 Posts
HSE2 said:

I don't know about that one. Howard is as blue as they come!

I know it is a waste of time asking someone at Ford to explain what the hell is going on because I have tried and been ignored.

I will just maintain that Avesco are slowly bleeding the sport dry and from an outsiders point of view the Tickford name is being undersupported by Ford in preference to drivers names
It may not be Holden, but I heard something, just cant remember what. But yeah your right, Ford is bleeding itself of Tickford. In another forum some months ago, I quoted myself as saying that Ford would pull away from Tickford. Seton would go back to GSR and get sponsorship from an outsider. If I remember rightly I had been told that Ford would run a team consisting of Lowndes and someone else, and have a backup car, well now its starting to happen. PLUS...the recent wars between Geoff and David have'nt helped things. So my spy has informed me.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Sounds interesting. David Richards of prodrive???????????
PM me please.

Yeah if the stories are right Seto is far form impressed and if Ford do give him the flick there will be a lot of supporters showing their disapproval in the strongest possible manner.

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
There was a rumour about Howard trying to convince Faulkner in coming across to Ford. This I think tied in with the Bud team getting a level 1 franchise. Was in today's Motorsport news. Haven't got the mag with me but from memory Faukner confirmed that he had been approached but no decision has been made. has also had discussions with getting increased support from Holden.

T

·
0 Posts
XR8220 said:

There was a rumour about Howard trying to convince Faulkner in coming across to Ford. This I think tied in with the Bud team getting a level 1 franchise. Was in today's Motorsport news. Haven't got the mag with me but from memory Faukner confirmed that he had been approached but no decision has been made. has also had discussions with getting increased support from Holden.
thats the one I was talking about. sorry Ian, I had the wrong story.

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
whats the story with crompton making a comeback. who is he teaming with.
Crompton is partnering with Lowndes in the Fred Gibson Car in the longer distance races. They are to run a second car next year for Cromly. Maybe even in the last few races this year given the new car hits the track.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
whats the story with crompton making a comeback. who is he teaming with.
He is with Craig and GMS. Has been from the start of the year. Been involved with testing and will drive with Craig at the Enduros

T

·
0 Posts
This is dajavu. I said Ford will sponsor GMS in the not to distant future, a while ago. First things first, is get rid of Seton...you watch..

O.K. Lowndes and Crompton in one car, who's in the other. Or who is up and coming that Ford could/would look at.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts