Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I am new here. I don't want to sound cliche about climate change. Where I live in the United States the temperature is the hottest it's ever been this late in the season. I think by continuing making Ford Shelby Mustangs etc gas gosling trucks etc board should discontinue fossil fuel vehicles! I think with their around 50 billion dollar market capital compared to Tesla's almost 1 trillion it would be a safe bet to discontinued Fossil fuels ASAP! This is the only planet we got Brothers, and there ain't no oxygen anywhere else in the universe!

Editing about electric power packs. They should have service stations along every route to exchange power packs with fresh batteries instead of waiting and messing up your day charging batteries just an idea, and a thought. Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Like I said I am new. I haven't figured out the controls yet. I singled Ford mustang because they're still making gas powered mustangs, and electric mustang side by side, and just stretching it out to 2035. Most of us will be dead by the then. I would like to see all electric before I die... and people are spinning out around, and burning rubber all over the streets, and these Ford mustangs and Dodge challengers etc. Just kind of pisses me off the way these big companies do things. They could survive going all electric!

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
Maybe you haven't noticed but ALL major manufacturers throughout the world are still producing gas powered vehicles . Have you been on all the other forums covering various manufacturers or just picking on Ford ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Maybe you haven't noticed but ALL major manufacturers throughout the world are still producing gas powered vehicles . Have you been on all the other forums covering various manufacturers or just picking on Ford ?
No sir... I'm long on FORD, and like Farley says "Don't bet against FORD" I bet that if FORD went comando, and stopped fosils It would be a big win...JMO

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
I find it very strange that someone would join a forum to have a go at / single out a particular car to vent their opinions on climate change and totally ignore the other major factors that cause this . Maybe you would be better joining climate change forums where you can talk to like minded till your hearts contented . There are many forums for all makes you can join and express your concerns also .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the mustang forum, I am posting about the mustang e I'm on board. No carbon monoxide lovers Read climate change forums. If you think about it, electric vehicles will burn rubber better than fossil fuel mustangs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry if it sounds like I am singling out Ford. Like I said earlier I am long Ford.

Moving back to the subject of the thread.
I think that would be awesome you could pull into a big battery facility and they could swap out your batteries underneath the car with some kind of forklift system to swap out your batteries in like under a minute!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think that would be awesome you could pull into a big battery facility and they could swap out your batteries underneath the car with some kind of forklift system to swap out your batteries in like under a minute!
Existing gas stations could add this along side their pumps. It took decades to build out the infrastructure until we had at least one gas station in about every town in the US. This would eventually be another revenue stream for them.

Instead of people owning the batteries in their cars, these would be standardized to just 2 or 3 different sizes and configurations (if that many). There would be some sort of lease arrangement for their use, and it would be a scaled up version of swapping the battery on a Makita drill.

Who owns all the batteries? A corporation would have the needed structure for tracking, charging, doing maintenance and eventually recycling them.

When the fresh battery is installed, part of the purchase price is for recharging, and another part covers the depreciation and wear on the battery. If you need more battery capacity such as for a long haul truck, use multiple batteries.

The one big issue I see is that all these batteries have to be charged - and we don’t have near the generation capacity needed for that. Not that our aging power grid could handle it if we did.

Plus, all that extra generation would probably have to come from fossil fuels.

NEVER TRUST A POLITICIAN TO SOLVE AN ENGINEERING PROBLEM!!! And as far as Climate Change is concerned, I think the whole topic has been so contaminated with politics and agendas that it never will be solved. I see no way to separate whatever truth there is from all the political BS.

Just my opinion…

·
Administrator
5,312 Posts
Ford is in the business of making money.

They are selling e vehicles to people that wish to buy them but still making gas powered vehicles for
those that want to buy them.

It would seem there are plenty that still want gas powered vehicles to own at the moment but I'm sure with time this will move towards the e vehicles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.