Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my BBM + mpfi conversion on my EA :D I had also done a single drive belt conversion previously.

Here's some before and after pics of the engine bay. The first pic shows the engine before the serpentine belts were installed...

Btw, that's still an EA long motor under all that :/ Next I'll be painting the rocker cover phantom purple, and getting a stainless steel intake pipe and the manifold polished up :)

Whatdya guys think??

·
Mr Baron Samedi Man
474 Posts
the new one looks heaps better than the old

whats involved in changing to a BBM?

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if you've already got mpfi (which by your signature I can see you have), then It isn't overly difficult. You'll need...

EF manifold and fuel rail/injectors/regulator etc (you should be able to use the old injectors, but I'm not certain)
EF throttle body
All the sensors like TPS etc (should have come with the throttle body, manifold etc)
ISC solenoid (you may be able to use the EA one)
Airbox and and intake pipe of your choice (i've just used some flexi pipe stuff)
EF accelerator cable AND pedal
Vacuum hoses, one that goes to the rear of the rocker cover (the one that goes on the middle can be used from the old manifold), another that goes to the map sensor, all other vacuum hoses "should" have come with the manifold.
EF rocker cover WITH EF BOLTS and accelerator cable clip
EF water pipes from the water pump and the thermo stat
EF heater hose from the water pump pipe
Any gaskets that you'll need

Since you got a 5 speed manual, you wont need to piggy back TPS plugs, but you may haveto change them to the EF plug (colors match), and the ISC plug will also need to be changed.

The only other thing that you need to do is hook up an RPM switch to control the dual runners, which I have yet to do, so I can't really be of any help there..

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and you'll need to cut your brake booster hose to fit the manifold, and also you may need about half a meter to a meter of extra fuel line

·
Mr Baron Samedi Man
474 Posts
thanks man ill copy this down or just save the webpage for when i get around to it

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Some very nice progress coming along there mate. What benefits will something like this bring?

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
looks soo much cleaner rymers!!! your an inspiration to all the EA CFI boys, lol... i reckon twin thermos off an ef would clean it up even better!!! keep the good work up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
howzit
how do you do this conversion if you dont have mpfi
cause i want to do this and i have an 89 Falcon S 3.9 CFI
cheers

·
EFII Ghia owner
355 Posts
jeez, after all that work you would prob be better off just dumping in a whole ef motor.

nice work though, looks like you put alot of effort and time into it

·
403 Posts
how did he get the electric coil packs to run, can you still fit a dizzy to those engines?

·
Registered
131 Posts
was just doing a search for conversion info and found this thread. that looks absolutely awesome!!! i really wish it could be done to my car, but i have been told that my lpg system is holding me back, as it would cost a fair bit to get it re-calibrated and re-tuned to suit mpfi. which sucks, as i have an EL 4litre sitting under my crappy cfi just dying to be opened up!
i am so sick of looking at the frying pan that i reccon i would just about pay someone to do it if they were willing and could get it done without having to stuff around with the lpg! i wouldnt have a clue about doing it myself, even with a step by step guide i would stuff it!
has anyone succesfuly completed the conversion with lpg? i would love to hear about it
cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts