Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day i'm almost certain my BCM is on the way out due to weird electrical faults; door ajar light consistently on, no interior lights work, auto headlights turning off prematurely, reverse sensor continuous tone in reverse etc. I've identified my current BCM as cream coloured and understand i need a cream coloured one regardless of what falcon it was pulled from??? also would i need any kind of code scanning or reprogramming when installing a replacement or a simple plug and play type deal? cheers

BA MKII Falcon 05 with LCD screen

·
Super Moderator
3,783 Posts
Yes; it has to be a matching BEM type and colour whenever a BEM (Body Electronic Module as it is called in the BA) is changed the CTS (Cabin Temperature Calibration) has to be "taught" to the BEM using a Ford WDS tool or something equivalent. You need to copy the details of the existing CTS from the barcode sticker on the ICC CTS and load that into the new BEM. You also need to pair at least two ignition keys to the BEM and a parameter reset performed. It is covered in more detail in sections 419-10-30 and 413-08-23 of the factory workshop manual and it is probably worth you getting a short term subscription (a bargain at US$21.95 for 72 hours (see https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/Pricing) from Ford at https://www.motorcraftservice.com and downloading the complete factory manual in PDF format. See Ba falcon pcm and Bem replacement - FORScan forum and other posts on the Forscan Users Forum. You should be able to do what required with a full windows subscription to Forscan (see What's new) installed on a Windows Laptop using a EM327 with a USB connections and a Ford/Mazda switch (one of these type Forscan USB ELM327 Diagnostic Tool with MS/ HS-CAN Switch OBDII For Ford Mazda 880921492555 | eBay ). Note in theory you can do it with a Smartphone using Bluetooth or WiFi based ELM327 but the connections to the car tend to be both much slower and also less much reliable than USB and the Smartphone versions of Forscan lack all the features of the fullWindows version so I don't recommend it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts