Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on this yet?
What time? meeting place? destination?
I hopefully be able to come along finally.
Cheers

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Here are the details...

4pm. Meet at North Rocks tennis courts.

4.30pm meet the "northies" at Ku-ring-gai rd Mt Colah

Everyone will be given a sheet with the details and maps on the back. (if they dont already have one)

If you have any issues, or questions, please call Chris on 0413 473 940 or Me on 0400 405 900.

The editor of Performance Ford Magazine is planning on attending the cruise, so make sure your cars are clean, and we are all on our best behaviour.!!!!

:)
Kelli S

P.S I wont be meeting at North rocks... hopefully will be at Mt Colah meeting point. (If I finish work in time)

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
As i mentioned on ff trip section, it's rainin in the mountains and had word in that it's raining up the central coast as well.

Is everyone still goin???????

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
i'm still goin

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Well... its 1pm now... I have almost finished work..

Now all I have to do is suck up to my boss so he will let me leave early.:dead: :p :dead: :p

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Well today was an interesting day..

I met the "northies" at Mt Colah. It was raining a bit while we all chatted (and ate macca's) but by the time we had to make a move to get to the meeting point with the others, the weather had cleared up.

We had an awesome run through the national park. Lots of windy roads, steep hills, and nice views.
Poor Jason (AU XR8) had his neice spewing her guts up in the back seat of his car the whole time!!

We eventually stopped where they film home and away so everyone could catch up (thank you mike - for that little detour we took!!)

then it was off to dinner by the beach.

we all (eventually) made our way over to north head. We admired the view, joked around a bit and then decided to head over towards luna park. The newy boys decided to head back home at this stage.

Down at luna park we couldnt really get everyone a parking spot, so we didnt stay there to long. I said to a few people... I need a servo really badly!! Chris said "An extra km or 2 wont hurt you"

we then went over to another look out. Somewhere along the way we lost EB on NOS, and Sydneys fastest taxi.

The boys where all trying to perv at a boat that was going past that had a party going on inside.. I said "that looks like wild boys afloat" and then the boys lost interest.

Back out onto the pacific hwy... busy north sydney... MAJOR intersection... guess who runs out of petrol in the middle lane?!?! ME!!
I was trying to start the car to get her around the corner, but somehow managed to roll back into rat's car. (I am SO SORRY about that!!!) Lucky the ben, rat and 3 strangers helped push me car around the corner. 15 mins later Chris (my saviour) turns up with a gerry can full of petrol, and a funel.

At this point, the people that hadnt seen me break down where long gone... so we all went to the space station.. stretched our legs (filled up with petrol), and then headed on home..

:s5 :s5 :s5

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my car!

XLR8... I LOVE your exhaust.

Sparkles... thanks for getting me lost (was it twice or 3 times?) and also thanks for having a lower car than mine...so I could see when your car was bottoming out... that I had to slow down !!

EBXR8240... get that manifold off, and the stock one back on!! I want to be able to beat you !

Chris... you are a legend! I will give you the money for the petrol next tuesday.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
P.S. I will put the photo's on the website tomorrow night.

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
run in the rain

at least it didnt pour cool ? yes but could have been sunny
pics of our run

·
421 Posts
nippers new wheels

good looking colour nipper

Attachments

·
421 Posts
robs new wheels

very nice xr8 rob

Attachments

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Arhhh here are the pics.........

Nice pics Wasa, Mate you car is so sweeeeeeeet. I had a good look over it last night. The T-Series have so many classy touches, the XR doesnt come close!!

Kelli, Thanks for the comment about the exhaust......How loud is it when you are following etc......it doesnt sound loud inside the car.Also some nice driving when i was following you through the national park, nice lines through some tight corners, you sure kept Mr Sparkles Honest.

Had a great night and enjoyed the thrash home!!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Rob, what exhaust did you get on the XR8?

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Rob, what exhaust did you get on the XR8?

after a lot of different advice,bullshit etc........

I went for a cat back system. 2 1/4 with new Mandrel Bent Lukey straight thrus and finishing in dual 3' Stainless tips.

O yeah and no rear resonator

Has a sweet note when you floor it or back off........

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
XLR8 said:
Has a sweet note when you floor it or back off........
Can't argue with that, sounds awesome! Even with Nipper's car between us, I could hear you loud and clear!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Venom XR said:

Can't argue with that, sounds awesome! Even with Nipper's car between us, I could hear you loud and clear!
You sure it wasnt Nipper playing Gone in sixty seconds on the DVD???

Thanx anyway......

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
The pictures are now on the club website.

http://www.nswxrclub.org.au

check Dec 2001 under the History Section.

:s6: :s5 :dead: :s3 :crazy1:

XLR8 - your exhaust really sounds loud and mean!. what a REAL V8 should sound like!! Hopefully you will be able to make it down to the creek sometime and kick my ass at the drags!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
XR8chic said:

XLR8 - your exhaust really sounds loud and mean!. what a REAL V8 should sound like!! Hopefully you will be able to make it down to the creek sometime and kick my ass at the drags!

Might come for a run one night.....not really into the drags, after talking to you last night sounds fun though

1 - 20 of 40 Posts