Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not gonna make it home in time to watch A Current Affair tonight, and forgot to put in a tape, so if anyone watches it tonight could they post here about the speed ticket story, with some info. I'm certain it's just dodgy sensational-journalism designed purely for ratings, but I'd like to hear what this 'ex-cop' has to say.

Danke!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
He said if you're female you should undo a couple of extra buttons on your blouse - apparently it helps. This guy is a typical example of some of the jerkoffs that work in the HP. The senior Police that responded obviously don't want people to know how they do their job though.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Spot on Pete!

He also said that you can bull**** your way out of a ticket if you are travelling close to another car on duel lanes. I think it was a load of rubbish really, wonder why hes not a cop anymore?????:rolleyes:

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
He said something about with radar they need to check your speed for 3 seconds so if there is another car within 3 secs of you it could interfere.

Laser doesn't matter cos they choose which one they zap. (I've played with lasers and found the best way was to drive an old RX-7, quite hard to get a reading off)

If you have big tits open a couple of buttons, didn't say if the same would work if you get a female toggie and you've got a hairy chest.

Basically the gist of the segment was buy his book and all will be revealed.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I thought - crappy, typical ACA sensational journalism designed purely to attract ratings and nothing else. Cheers fellas.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Speaking of this, is it just me or is there more XR8 patrol cars around now? AU2's? I think every radar trap one I've seen recently has been one...

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Hidden Help

Guys stop this nonsense bout undoing ur blouse and sucking up what u need is one of these with yas!!:D :D

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Re: Hidden Help

And one of theses.!!:D :D

·
7,777 Posts
I've actually had a clean licence since discovering the Australian Standard for Speed Radar use. Been to court and written many letters, but I get off every time. Invaluable.

You'd be surprised how dumb and tardy some of these Highway Patrol guys are.

For example, if the cop pulls you over in his XR8 or SS and the radio aerial is up, tell him to get nicked because it means his radio is on and he cannot hear the doppler tone inside the car. If he wants to argue, ask if the car is video equipped and to have him mark the time and date for you against the equipment. Turn up at court and guess what, they don't fight it becuase the video would show the cop is wrong.

I refuse to pay! I have better uses for my money....

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

We all know what that is:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I have never been booked either.
I have been charged with having radar dection equipment but I got of that too.

Bell radar detectors tend to "leak" or at least they used to. My detector will tell me of the presence of Bell equipted cars.
In fact most detector /detectors are just simple detectors themselves. ( if that makes sence)

For laser units set up on the side of the road Don't drive on the drive line.

For hand held laser units you are basically stuffed.
Modified plate protectors have more than one use;)

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Pete,

I heard from a few of my mates, that if it's your first appeal of speeding and you haven't been booked speeding to often they'll consider your appeal, but if you have already appealed and they granted it, the next time might not be so lucky. :( :(

I dunno if it's true though...

·
Registered
313 Posts
as

Pete, love to here all of your tricks mate, I'm only 18 and I've already been done once - so any advice/slyness would be greatly appreciated ;)

S

·
0 Posts
my speeding adventures

heres a few examples of my careless driving fellows

when i was on my P plates i got picked up on the highway for doin 134km/h (instead of 90km/h) without any plates up,

smack $450 on the spot fine and 6 demerit points.

and also in town i was trying to prove to a mate of mine that my car was pokey for a 6, (he was a 4's lover) and got seen my the cops doing 120km/h in a 60km/h zone. They tryied to yellow sticker my car but were unsuccessful so i coped a 20minute lecture. and got away with 79km/h in a 60 zone. 1 demerit point and $100. they were trying to get me to tell them the speed i was travelling aftr they already fined me but I told them i wasn't watching the speedo and had my music upto loud to relise how fast i was going.

so now i sit on a steady 120km/h on the highways.

and i lost alot more points with them bloody annoying super nova's so i've only got 1 or 2 left and the worst part is that i gotta drive slow for 2 more years until i get my points back :(

·
7,777 Posts
Re: as

Elvis said:
Pete, love to here all of your tricks mate, I'm only 18 and I've already been done once - so any advice/slyness would be greatly appreciated ;)
Here's a good one. You think you've got an undetectable radar detector. Only some cop pulls you over and says he thinks you have one. The only way he can know that is if he has a particular piece of equipment which is NOT the approved and allowed radar detector detector. What they sometimes use is an actual radar detector (often previously confiscated) modified to detect 'beats' caused by off frequency interference (remember this from physics at school?). So, the way out of this is to ask the cop right back if he is using a radar detector. If he says no, ask him to show you the equipment that is causing him to believe you have a radar detector. Of course you will see his radar detector detector which cannot possibly be receiving a signal. Bye bye copper!

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
cops dont care, i rarely speed cos of my limited pionts on ma p's but the other day went past a copy doing about 65 ina 40 zone it was an accident though sort of lol and they didn't even do anthing ahahah

·
7,777 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Pete,

I heard from a few of my mates, that if it's your first appeal of speeding and you haven't been booked speeding to often they'll consider your appeal, but if you have already appealed and they granted it, the next time might not be so lucky. :( :(

I dunno if it's true though...
Don't believe it. Take it from me, it is your duty to take any speeding fine to court. They rely on people to pay up without fighting because there is no way the courts can keep up with revenue policing. If you pay up without going to court, you are accommodating their methods. Besides, there is always some way to beat it if you go prepared.

As for being lenient, I took all the lies and false fines from police for too long. My driving record years ago was hopeless culminating in a Campbelltown unmarked guy writing me a ticket for 110/60 meaning I was on my pushbike. Knowing what I know now there was NO WAY this guy even got a reading off me. He didn't like a young guy driving a Brock and fabricated everything. I should have fought that one for sure.....

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Re: Re: as

Aussie Pete said:

Here's a good one. You think you've got an undetectable radar detector. Only some cop pulls you over and says he thinks you have one.
Guys here's some advice for nothing ...l've had my RD for 7yrs now and had NEVERRRR been fined for speeding.(and l still have 12 Demerit points) If a cop pulls u over for a routine check or whatever and u have a RD u disconnect it and put it in ur pocket. IF! he says where is it?
U say ...where's what?
He!!! is NOT allowed to search ur pockets on urself without a SEARCH WARRANT! and that my friends is a FACT!!!:D
l know cause it has happened to me....
ALWAYS!!! remember the LAW no warrant NO SEARCH!!

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Re: Re: Re: as

Blown AU said:
Aussie Pete said:

Here's a good one. You think you've got an undetectable radar detector. Only some cop pulls you over and says he thinks you have one.
Guys here's some advice for nothing ...l've had my RD for 7yrs now and had NEVERRRR been fined for speeding.(and l still have 12 Demerit points) If a cop pulls u over for a routine check or whatever and u have a RD u disconnect it and put it in ur pocket. IF! he says where is it?
U say ...where's what?
He!!! is NOT allowed to search ur pockets on urself without a SEARCH WARRANT! and that my friends is a FACT!!!:D
l know cause it has happened to me....
ALWAYS!!! remember the LAW no warrant NO SEARCH!!

How much does an RD cost (roughly) and where would i get one ???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts