Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to all the Ford places over the weekend. Those guys that said you could see Tickford from the highway must be on drugs! I was beginning to worry until I figured it out.

Anyhow, I need to say how impressed I was with Tickford. Tony gave me the personal tour. And I met David F! Great people. Very easy to get along with and to be honest I think many of you would be impressed with the attitude towards doing things right rather than jumping in. I have a new perspective on where Tickford stand. I think they are doing things right.

Anyone who says Tickford isn't impressive need to see it from an engineering and process perspective. Given the tasks they have, it works well. After all, that is what Tickford is about when you look at it from a business view.

The most interesting part was the carpark. Some of the cars show subtle features that are surely up for release. Things like chassis and engines. Let your imaginations run wild boys!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I am not surprise you have come to that conclusion. Although I have not been to Tickford in person I have had the pleasure of meeting Tony and talk to some of the guys that work there from time to time! Glad you enjoyed it:thumbup:

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
My imagination says you must of heard a Turbo or a different sounding 8 and it looked lower or more dynamic otherwise i dont know how youd see an engine or chassis :confused:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention - parked out the front of the Broadmeadows corporate office was, wait for it, a VX R8 Clubbie. How dare someone do that!

I suspect Geoff P.'s car is the black TS50 parked to the left of the main doors. I suspect the paint isn't standard because it looks real good!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DR XR said:
My imagination says you must of heard a Turbo or a different sounding 8 and it looked lower or more dynamic otherwise i dont know how youd see an engine or chassis :confused:
You can still see under cars, through wheels etc. I have gravel rash on my cheeks.... (LOL)

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the trip Pete. I guess i'm going to have to wait till october for this experience.

Well sounds like we definitly got light at the end of the tunnel for us ford fanatics, sounds like there really getting serious on the new innovations department also the most important part, power department from your drift.

Hmm maybe i have to sniff arounf for that DOHC turbo six. When i go on the trip. :D :D :D

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a marked man! I made a run for a crankshaft in the corner of the engine building area, however I couldn't get my vernier on the crank journals before Tony crash tackled me and broke my arm off at the shoulder..... (ouch!).

What was real interesting was the apparatus the crank was mounted in..... Sweeeeeeetttt!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Geoff Polites said:
It probably was my car Pete,but the paint is,like the rest of the car stock standard.It is one great car.
It must be the way it's cared for :cool: :wink2: They are indeed a great car. Like I've said before the chassis is awesome compared to the Commos. And to be honest, the TS looks great in black and when it's clean.
All we have to do is get you to drive a manual!!!!!!!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HSE2 said:
Pete How did you go about getting a tour through Tickford?
I turned up at the door, and after a scuffle with the security guard ( :wink2: ) he called Tony. Tony then rang me while I was over at the Toll depot and said come on over at 1pm. Got the tour around the place after that.

Thing is on Friday afternoon all the Tickford boys go home so there was nothing happening. Could be a plus or minus depending on how you see it. I still got a lot out of it so I would have to say you haven't lived till Tony works you over... :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Just like that eh.:thumbup:
I must remember that next time I am in Melbourne although I think I might make a phone call past the guard first;)

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HSE2 said:
Just like that eh.:thumbup:
I must remember that next time I am in Melbourne although I think I might make a phone call past the guard first;)
You want to tell Tony who you are so you get the special FF treatment (hint).

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

You want to tell Tony who you are so you get the special FF treatment (hint).
Oh I don't have to rely on the FF link with Tony. Great guy! But I can't prize any secrets out of him:( :( In fact all Ford employees I know are keeping very true to company lines and it is a credit to them. Frustrating for me though:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts