Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ambrose 2003 Champion!!!
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bouhgt a set of Bendix Advance pads, they any good?

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Whats the brake dust like with the Bendix Advance pads?? I think it was Bendix ultimates that I used to have on my car but had to take them off because the brake dust was just ridiculous.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Bendix products are very good....as for brake dust the Ford brake pads on my AU were the messiest...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I put bendix advance pads on my TS50 and i get zero brake dust! Use to have ultimates and the front wheels would be filthy after 3 days! I think I've solved all my brake problems involving these T series premium brakes.

·
Banned
555 Posts
they are replacements for the old premium series which had occasianal problems and are an excellent street pad.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
To be unfortunately opposite, I had them with Slotted dba's and the produced hot spots and made the discs warp, crap imo. For daily driving I would say they'd be ok, but for heavy street use, upgrade to ultimates. Thats what I have done, and for the way I drive they are great!

On a high note, the advance are excellent against brake dust and longevity.

my 2c

·
Mmmm...Tickford...
277 Posts
Spinksy said:
Whats the brake dust like with the Bendix Advance pads?? I think it was Bendix ultimates that I used to have on my car but had to take them off because the brake dust was just ridiculous.
Have to agree there. I've had Bendix Ultimates on for about 6 months and I'm getting plenty of practice cleaning my rims! Washed the car Sunday evening, then on Monday morning drove the car about 50kms around town and when I got home could run my finger through the brake dust and leave a clear mark. Good stopping power, though...

Think I'll try the Advance pads next change!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Blue oval you are right! The advance pads are not for the late braker and turn in style of driving. They don't like a flogging but they shouldn't wear my rotors out. Which is why I went for them. Had them in a month and no problems yet.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
TS 50 said:
Blue oval you are right! The advance pads are not for the late braker and turn in style of driving. They don't like a flogging but they shouldn't wear my rotors out. Which is why I went for them. Had them in a month and no problems yet.
Thats exactly what I failed to realise. I was told from a 'reliable source' (not so now) that they would good combined with the rotors and driving style. But I did take them to the limits on a few occasions on some of our downhill cruises :neverlear and well, after that they were fried as well as the rotors beyond recognition and after 6 months of driving, they were really cactus!

And as you have described my driving style to a tea, I have now upgraded my pads as well as replaced my rotors to suit accordingly! I now have Protex rotors (anybody heard of these?) and Bendix Ultimates to the front with DOT4 brake fluid. Apart from the excessive brake dust the braking has improved 10 fold over the previous combo.

·
Formally Thomas
468 Posts
blueoval said:
Thats exactly what I failed to realise. I was told from a 'reliable source' (not so now) that they would good combined with the rotors and driving style. But I did take them to the limits on a few occasions on some of our downhill cruises :neverlear and well, after that they were fried as well as the rotors beyond recognition and after 6 months of driving, they were really cactus!

And as you have described my driving style to a tea, I have now upgraded my pads as well as replaced my rotors to suit accordingly! I now have Protex rotors (anybody heard of these?) and Bendix Ultimates to the front with DOT4 brake fluid. Apart from the excessive brake dust the braking has improved 10 fold over the previous combo.
Mate i agree with you 110%. I reckon there shithouse. Brake dust is good as they dont leave much at all but for late breaking and good stopping there pretyyy poor and thats using stock ford rotors. Maybe with dba cross drilled there better. Im considering giving mine the flick as im not happy the way my car is pulling up.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Thomas said:
Mate i agree with you 110%. I reckon there shithouse. Brake dust is good as they dont leave much at all but for late breaking and good stopping there pretyyy poor and thats using stock ford rotors. Maybe with dba cross drilled there better. Im considering giving mine the flick as im not happy the way my car is pulling up.
At least in a sad way Im not the only one who has had bad reports. What I didnt do is assess what kind of driving I potentially do. I just went for what sounded alright instead of overall safety & performance first. Big mistake I made and hopefully the last!

You might want ask a few people here or your mechanic on what they deem as appropriate brakes to suit your driving style. You can never be too careful when it comes to braking performance imo.

Let us know your out come Thomas! :hy:

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you go to the Bendix website they give a breakdown on all there different pads. They make about 4 different grades. Which vary from a continous operating temp of 380 degrees (advance pads) to 580 degrees(ultimates).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts