Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Expedition with 250k. Obviously problems are rolling in. I've only owned this vehicle for just over a year . It hard shifts in and out of 3rd gear, the engine is sluggish on acceleration and doesn't like climbing any large or steep hills. Also my CV axles have started getting noisy. This vehicle isn't worth much and the repairs would surely exceed it's value. Unfortunately todays market for decent used vehicles is insane. Leaving me with little options. So I'm asking what I can do to either increase the value and/or get another two-three years out of this with out breaking the bank? body is in decent shape, faded paint, and one minor dent in rear bumper. Interior is decent as well with one cracked leather seat and could used a good cleaning. I drive it approximately 40-60 miles everyday. Thank you for any and all input.

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts
Looks like you are caught between a rock and a hard place . Big bills ahead probably make it uneconomical to repair or spending more than it's worth and hoping it lasts for a few years .The market in used vehicles is the same worldwide selling for crazy prices and trade in prices likewise . I dont really know what your best option is .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts