Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bronco Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone of you installed a shift kit in the aod? If so which one and what do you think of it? I've heard some good things about the Transgo kit but with it costing almost three times more than the B&M shift kit i figured some investigation was in order before i obligate myself. Any input would be appreciated.
RSH

·
Bronco Member
10 Posts
What year is your truck? If it is new enough to have the button on the end of the shifter the trans is an E4OD. These are very expensive and dificult to modify. They are completly computer controlled and you dont need a shift kit . You can change the way it shifts electronically.

·
Bronco Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have the aod which is very well known in the mustang camp as a real weak unit. I tend to get a lot more info from my mustang buddies. But to make a long story short i'm hearing a bunch of horror stories on the shift kit for the aod especially the B&M (avoid that one like the monkey from outbreak). The only real fix is to get the valve body from Lentech which pretty much doubles the torque capacity of the unit. If anyone else is interested i can go into more detail. Regards.
RSH

J

·
0 Posts
I am very happy with my B&M shift kit. Fast and firm shifts...it definately improved the shifting abilities of my AOD. I have also more control about the shifts, I can control them by giving more or less throttle with my gas pedal.

You can see my Bronco over here, www.4x4.ee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts