Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's tire time again and wonder what's a good tire for dry highway use on my 1987 E-250.
I like this size even though it came with narrower tires.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a set of Michelins today for about $800 out the door. Size ... 245/75/R16 "Defender LTX MS".
They should do the job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are good tires. Had a set or two of those in the past and had good luck with them.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think they should do just fine. I haven't given them a good workout yet buy with that tread design they should be just what the doctor ordered.
It says "Max pressure 44 pounds" What is a lower, softer riding pressure that I can use without damaging the sidewalls ?

·
Administrator
8,426 Posts
I run mine at 35 psi cold. When they get hot that will put them up around 40 psi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run mine at 35 psi cold. When they get hot that will put them up around 40 psi.
That sounds good to me. The last set of tires that I had were rated for about 80 PSI or so.
I found myself running them around town at around 35-40 psi most of the time ... just for a smoother ride.
It eventually trashed out the sidewalls from being bent more while being underinflated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts