Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my AU the drivers window has an autodown function if you hold the button down a little longer, being a lazy bastard, here is my wish list for the AV:

-Auto down AND up for at least the drivers window.
-A sensor that detects if a somebody has stuck their hand out while the driver is closing their window. (A mate of mine has a nice little scar from a couple of years ago which he likes reminding me of :D )
-and a single button that closes all windows and sunroof (like I said I'm lazy)
-resolve what ever makes the windows vibrate against the door sill.

T

·
0 Posts
I did'nt know what that button was for when I first got the car. it was switched on and when I put the window down, it kept going down. soooooo I spent the next 10 seconds punching the **** out of the arm rest and the buttons trying to stop the window. you live and learn ay. (lol)

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:

-and a single button that closes all windows and sunroof (like I said I'm lazy)
Doesn't the remote 'lock' button do this? I remember reading somewhere in the car's manual about the power window's/sunroof auto-closing... :?:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Could be the case - the AUII doesn't have auto-down (the XR6 HP doesn't anywayz...)

T

·
0 Posts
both mine have auto down on drivers side only, not auto up. (AUII). the auto does'nt work for passenger or rear windows. mine anyway. wonder if that's because they were cop cars.
I had auto down in my XR6, wonder why yours does'nt..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Auto up!!!!!!!!! Yes please!!!!!! both fronts would be great but I would settle for the drivers side.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
I'd of thought the Falcon would have these features when the EF was launched because the some of the Euro's and Japanese cars have those features.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
My Ovlov had best idea - leave the car and punch the remote button and all windows and sunroof closed, doors locked, and alarm armed itself. One touch..... lazy man's dream!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
My Ovlov had best idea - leave the car and punch the remote button and all windows and sunroof closed, doors locked, and alarm armed itself. One touch..... lazy man's dream!
Your XR8 will do this Pete. :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Mate, power windows pfffffffffffft, my window mechanism is better thanall of yours, firstly it's got this special variable speed from super fast to super slow, a speed sensitive wind down and wind up type thing, hehehehe i use my arms can't go wrong and is weather sensitive as well. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ahh i wish i had power windows my self really...

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
A mate has an intergra type-r and when he locks the car all the windows n sunroof close automatically!

pretty weired coz u just walk out with everything left open n it all shuts by itself!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
XtRmn8 said:
A mate has an intergra type-r and when he locks the car all the windows n sunroof close automatically!

pretty weired coz u just walk out with everything left open n it all shuts by itself!
As per the Ovlov, and thanks to venom so does the XR8 - magic!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
I have aftermarket alarm (Python ESP1000) on my AU XR8 and it can be programmed to close windows when car is locked via remote......and if it wasnt for smartlock it could be programmed for remote start!!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
XLR8 said:
I have aftermarket alarm (Python ESP1000) on my AU XR8 and it can be programmed to close windows when car is locked via remote......and if it wasnt for smartlock it could be programmed for remote start!!!
Was that alarm your choice or did your car come with it. Just out of interest I got a quote from my dealer to fit the series 2 alarm to my car and that came to a grand cost of $800

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
my choice, got a good deal from a mate. Cost me about $550 (usually about $1000)
Has a great warn away feature which warns scums bags to stay away from my Baby

Also, when you start car, door lock as long as they are all closed

heaps of features, which can be upgraded

T

·
0 Posts
where can I buy one of them. I'd like to program the farker to lock the burglar in the car. (he-he)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts