Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have An 05, 2WD Escape...So Of Course, Im Not Looking To Spend Top Dollar On DIY Repairs...So I Cheaped Out On CV Axles And Ordered 2...The Drivers Side Lasted 1 Week Before It Broke...The Company Told Me To Send It Back For A Refund Or Replacement (Yeah, like I Have A Week To Wait)..Went To A Brick And Mortar Parts Store And Got A Quality Replacement After Reading Many Reviews...As Far As Other Parts Go, I Now Buy OEMs From A Ford Dealership, Or I Visit My Local U Pull Junkyard...ONLINE PARTS ARE GARBAGE...CHEAP LOW QUALITY MASS PRODUCED CHINA CRAP.....Thought Id Share My Dilemma...Thank You..See Pic Of Broken One....Lolol

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yep, we’ve all been there! And more than just car parts. The ChiComs tend to counterfeit everything - auto parts, electronics, tools, the list is endless.

In my experience the machine work is generally ok, it’s the materials they use that are terrible. Soft castings that bend, break or the seal surfaces are easily scratched. Seal materials that turn hard as cement in 30k miles then leak like hell.

Relays that have brittle connecting wires inside that break from vibration fatigue. But check them for continuity on the bench and they’re fine - until put in use and a slight vibration makes the broken wire ends lose contact again! Good luck troubleshooting a relay panel full of those little [illegitimate children]!!

Harbor Freight recently recalled a bunch of Jack stands.

And let’s not forget that triumph typical of communist engineering: The Three Gorges Dam.

Too bad they didn’t consider the geology of the area the dam was going to flood behind it, now they have constant problems having to dredge the silt away from the dam so that the whole thing doesn’t clog up like a giant toilet. I work in the industry, and heard it will never be able to produce more than a third of the power it was designed to. Plus they screwed up the concrete pours and there are portions that will never cure. They are now the proud owners of the Largest Concrete Turd in the World.

I do have a lot of sympathy for the Chinese people though. They didn’t choose their system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts