Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I'm looking at buying a BF XR6 cab Chassis, in Toxic! :priest: (every second car on the road is some form of silver, and every other one is blue.. I know, I've got a MKII BA sedan in Lightning Strike in the drive!)

I went to 2 dealers today, and one was $1300 cheaper than the other!
And yes, they both quoted on the same specs...

Anyway, I've a couple of questions...

1) I'm interested in the LSD, for another $450. Worth it? 90% of my driving
is city stuff, with 10% on dirt track..

2) Alloy trays.. the ford offering has sides so soft, you could wrap a chook in it and chuck it in the oven.. Can anyone recommend a tray manufacturer/distributor/seller/installer, preferably in Melbournes SE suburbs?

3) One tonne suspension.. I'd presume the ride would be terrible when it's unladen?

Thanks for your time... :hy:

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are in buisness check out Discount New Cars.com web site they have some great discounts on new fords....wish I knew about it back when I bought mine !

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a RTV which has the 1 tonne suspension and i would say it not rough unladen.One of the most comfortable cars i have owned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
g'day ding

i am also looking at the xr6 cab chassis. was also thinking about the lsd but not sure if i will need it with traction control? also, with it being a special edition i didn't know if you could specify options, and forgot to ask.

i was quoted $34500 on road for auto in white from new oak ford.
love to know what prices you got from what dealers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chuffalump said:
g'day ding

i am also looking at the xr6 cab chassis. was also thinking about the lsd but not sure if i will need it with traction control? also, with it being a special edition i didn't know if you could specify options, and forgot to ask.

i was quoted $34500 on road for auto in white from new oak ford.
love to know what prices you got from what dealers?
Hiya Chuffa...

Was that with or without the tray?

Try Jefferson Ford in Mentone... Ask for Ernest in New car sales, and tell him
Lindsay with the Toxic XR6 Cab Chassis sent ya... If you email me at lindsay at hornet dot net dot au, I'll give you the prices i've found from 5 different dealers, but it's a toss up between Jeffo's and New Oak. Only a couple of hundred dollars in it...Wignal's in frankston were way off the mark, and I wouldnt spit on Coffey in dandenong. Absolutley, without doubt, the WORST ever dealing i've ever had with a car yard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts