1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure of scanner but 1970 Mach1 Mustang Engine :351C.2v ,Shaker Ram Air
Trans:4 spd Toploader clse Ratio
Diff:3.5:1 open
Sold a few years back. Unsure of cam but had edlebrock manifold ,650 holley ,roller rockers,Headers.Pretty quick ,skidded back wheels with ease.

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.Do you have a phase III gfairlie?. I built a phase III engine for a guy who ran it in an XB GT.It was done to exact specs.even had those huge long headers that go past the gearbox.He had a mate with a dark green phase III.Very very nice.Never got any pics tho.
The XB really used to haul ass.

·
Australia Falcon Member
28 Posts
Muzzie 1

yep, I do. It's getting restored. I've had it since the late 70's. used to run it at the Darwin Drags for fun.

That's a nice looking muz you have. Love the Mach 1's. Classic lines.

Too good now to customize, although a V10 duratech would make an interesting combo. Especially if you grafted an AU2 front end onto it for handling.

There's a company in Oz that does it for early F100's. apparently makes a hell of a difference in handling. Also dumps the front to a satisfactory ride height...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Thats a nice stang, why did you sell it :confused:

I wouldnt mind getting one my self, but it would have to have a real motor in it like a 427 :D;) With maybe an EFI conversion :D

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sold it to do another project.I'll scan some stuff from that .Big blocks are awesome but if you want to buy genuine stuff which i try to do(original engine etc)then you need a healthy wallet cause they demand a premium.427 is right up there at the top of price range.Anything Shelby is top dollar.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Not wrong mate! Just glance through a copy of Unique Cars and you'll very soon see :eek:

I've only ever seen one 427 in the metal, and by hell was it a snug fit in there! Ooh did it sound good though.. very very sweet. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
5 Participants
Big Block Ford
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing